cp_freight_r

uma plata

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 20, 2009
I checked it out

2 is a lot more open coming from mid - interesting

And there is an isolated sniper room looking at 1 from 2. That may help with pushing onto 1, if you can get a pick on the medic like you see a lot on Granary. Could work

Sub Hsif

L1: Registered
May 14, 2008
I'm his brother, yeah. Knowing him, I don't think he'd want to name it _final unless valve picked it up, I'm not sure how "final" final he sees it. :D (when I said "final" earlier, I mean the final version of _r).

fishbus@splashdamage.com is probably your best bet.

e: final final final final :p

Last edited:

Mar

Banned
Feb 12, 2009
Comments: I don't like the new point 2, but point 1 is much better, but still could get better if he made it wider and less uphill. Me thinks he should go make to the old second point and keep the new first point. Also, I should check out the gotfrag forums and see what other comp players think of this map.

PMAvers

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 29, 2008
Not sure yet, we haven't heard anything officially from fishbus yet.

I was running _r on my server the other night, and he swung by.

...now that I think about it, I should've bugged him for hints to what the new map was going to be. D'oh. :blink:

Although, after playing it, it looked like the entire server was stoked about playing it, and was happy with the changes. It takes a moment to get the hang of the new point 2, but I think it definitely works better in play.

Sub Hsif

May 14, 2008
The "new map" isn't any great secret, it's a reimagining of warpath.

Very early screenshot:

242iq7a.jpg

Regarding freight_r point 2, it's been reworked to make it harder to defend (for the team who's attacking last, not the team attempting to "strike back") to hopefully allow more flowing battles and to stop the stalemating.

Sub Hsif

May 14, 2008
I really hate that name, and am still hopeful I (or he) can come up with something better! :p

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
Fishbus said:
I am working on cp_freight_final if you must know, it should be released tomorrow. It does involve the large changes that you seem concerned about, however, I feel that these are very necessary to break up the height of the second point and to allow a better platform for defending teams to push back from (consider the new stair layout, both allow easy access to defenders to a height advantage, assuming they can initially break into the doors.) I have made the much sought after spawn time changes by many players, but I increase the volume of the second area to help spread out the action which is held in such a confined space.

Hopefully I can now move on to my newest map as well as release an arena version of freight. It should not take too long, but I only get a couple of hours to work in hammer each day.

Cheers,

Jamie

Phobos

L3: Member
Feb 22, 2009
I am working on cp_freight_final if you must know, it should be released tomorrow.

Excellent news! Now I am no longer afraid of any shitty poor community map choice by Valve. I'll be just playing Freight_final instead.

And Fishbus working on a Warpath-esque map? As much as I dislike Warpath, this gets me hyped.

Mar

Banned
Feb 12, 2009
Goldrock Gulch! I've been waiting for this for so long!

So have I. I think alpha 1 of this map is like a year old.

Sub Hsif

May 14, 2008
So have I. I think alpha 1 of this map is like a year old.

I think you may be thinking of cp_desertion, which was originally going to be Fishbus' first foray into the world of TF2 mapping. I forget exactly how far along it was, but the middle and 2nd RED point were definitely completed. Then, a certain steely map came along (along with some mappers block) and caused this project to be shelved.

You want a pic? Ah, I know you do. In fact, have two.

6panew.jpg

Mid-point

2lbpb3p.jpg

Red 2 point

Feb 14, 2008
Is it shelved permanently, or can we hope for it's eventual release?

Icarus is a Fishbus faaanboooyyy.

Well so am I, but heh.

I now have no idea what the community map in the sniper update will be, all the big ones seem to have been ruled out.

Wisp

Jul 12, 2008
Icarus is a Fishbus faaanboooyyy.

Well so am I, but heh.

I now have no idea what the community map in the sniper update will be, all the big ones seem to have been ruled out.

I know Cashworks has been ruled out, but what are the others?

Hoodoo seems like something Valve would pick up.