ok working on b9b

cp_erosion_b9b0003.jpg

cp_erosion_b9b0002.jpg

cp_erosion_b9b0001.jpg

FreeLance_FoX

L6: Sharp Member
Sep 6, 2008
Those ladders at mid really bother me. ;_;

I had taken a whole new batch of screens on b8c last night but you kinda made those moot now. :( I'll walk around b9 and see how it feels... but right away the changing visual style is... well, I suppose better. It may be getting a bit TOO industrial all of a sudden, but we'll see. IMO the construction site/concrete walls could be restricted to BLU's side and RED's could have a sort-of wooden building look. :3

ikem

Dec 8, 2008
well i went

blu = metal
red = brick

and i dont think there will be much change after this... also u cant use the ladders...

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
If you can't use the ladders then don't make them look like they can be used :)

I really like the new look of the map (LOVE the lighting), but it looks like it's going to kill my FPS all over again...

Let's hope that it will not come to that :)

FreeLance_FoX

Sep 6, 2008
I ran around it last night at like 1:00 AM and here's what I saw. I'm saving my screens for later because I'm in a rush:

The new look is FANTASTIC. The problems it creates, though, are pretty rough. Those support beams that come down from the catwalks are now very annoying. They need to be clipped off entirely, pretty much.

The changes you've made to the catwalks make them very hard to navigate. The walkway is now thinner and it has all these little obstacles. I'd say make the walkway wider and don't even let the wood beneath show in most places.

The last point is very nice... except that there are no clear pathways to the point. You need to try and clear some of the clutter out to form some real pathways. That's going to mean changing the support beams like I said, and changing the ways to access the point. The little platform it's on is hard to get onto and I still think it shouldn't have a roof.

The last point is very balanced because of the amount of health available to the attackers. Taking off the roof will allow the defenders who stay up top to force the attackers back to the three healths nearby (2 med 1 full). It will make taking the high ground from 2nd or Mid very important.

On 2nd, I'd say that the barrier facing each team's last point should be turned around to face outwards toward Mid. It makes more sense and as it is now it blocks off a lot of possible defense and encourages spam. Also, GREAT changes on 2nd!

Your overall health placement at middle is really the thing that bothers me most. The medium health under the point is great. But I'd say to do this: Remove the health in the houses. Change the small health on the hill behind the rock with the braces on it into a medium. Remove the medium in the corner in the low area between 2nd & mid. Make the small health in the little corner by the forward spawn a medium. Put a small health up top on the platform between 2nd & mid (by the house).

At middle, the barrier on BLU's side of the point looks rather ugly. It would look better as just plain metal. Also, just take out the ladders IMO. They just look out of place with everything else.

Also, why doesn't Red have a beam to get over to their platform (the one by their house)?

ALSO, I've noticed a lot of new graphical errors that seem to be infinite lines with no depth that have textures on them. I took screen but there were like 3 or 4. Idk why...?

Overall: OMG. I love your map so much! I have to say that your spawns are the best feature, and of course your map style. The improvements you've made are incredible!

Mar

Banned
Feb 12, 2009
[AoC] would really love to give you map a comp playtest. Please check this out.

Steam me (steam id: b_Mar_d) if your interested.

Last edited: