cp_erosion

ikem

L6: Sharp Member
Dec 8, 2008
have any suggetions? cuz right now.. this is all i got in my head...

ikem

Dec 8, 2008
ok plly have posted this with the pic but i am going to put things where the rock and metal meet, same goes with the wood, it will look like they are fastened up there. imo they look fine, they just need the fasteners

ikem

Dec 8, 2008
if i can get some rusty textures i think it will fit erosion pretty well

also here are some screens of some of the changes

cp_erosion_b2_test20009.jpg

cp_erosion_b2_test20008.jpg

cp_erosion_b2_test20007.jpg

FreeLance_FoX

Sep 6, 2008
Looking great!

I think you're right, with some rust and grime in there the theme could be upheld and it'll look fantastic! >:3

As far as other changes, what about integrating the catwalk area further by expanding and lowering it. Changes that may help:

-Change the catwalk above middle point to wrap around the point in a square-shape (if you know what I mean... the entire floor above is solid but with a hole in the middle directly above the point, to allow all classes to pass)

-Extend the catwalk that passes over the 2nd/4th CP to reach nearby the middle point but at a lower/higher height

-Lower the height of the catwalks extending from the 1st CPs to allow easy rocket jumps from the ground

-Change the plank entrance to the catwalk to a wider board, stairs, etc (something easier to traverse)

<3333

ikem

Dec 8, 2008
updated first post with Beta 2 and new pics

thanks

pekken

L1: Registered
May 5, 2008
great update, will look good when u get some rustier look to it :)

a few things id like to comment on tho:

* The lilypads seem out of place imo

* Add yellow/black borders around BLU cp 2

* BLU house got an open window, where REDs is covered with a logo. add similair window cover to BLU house.
cp_erosion_b20005.jpg

cp_erosion_b20006.jpg

* There's a crate at REDs house thats not there on BLU side
cp_erosion_b20010.jpg

* The new spawn is right next to cp 4 with very short spawn time, which means if u kill one of the players while backcapping that point, he will spawn again close to the point before you're done capping it. so there should be longer spawn times there i think (needs playtesting tho)

* This spawn door doesnt look too good:
cp_erosion_b20000.jpg

Last edited:

ikem

Dec 8, 2008
thanks pekken

also idk whats with the yellow markers.... they are there...

w4.jpg

Blindfate

Nov 2, 2008
I havent played beta2 yet, but perhaps make it possible to extinguish flames in the water by the neutral point?

ikem

Dec 8, 2008
updated with beta 3

Master of Spes

Aug 17, 2008
Really great looking map. The ligthing and shadows really define it, maybe make it a little lighter in those places (havent played it so i cant tell if too dark) but otherwise keep it, I'm sick of the bright happy dustbowl lighting used in all maps.

pekken

May 5, 2008
Great update!
The removal of the alt route makes the map alot easier to navigate.
But there's still a few things i like to point out: (as always)

* map timer, make it like valve maps. 10 min max timer, and add 10 min to every cap.
* the cap time on last cap is too long, shorten it.
* the BLU house next to blu cp 2 got logs leading in to it, where it should be metal beams.
* some of the trees on the cliffs sticks through the ground some places
* the cover plates at middle cap doesnt touch the ground so it looks like they are floating in thin air
* there's a "hole" in the ground at RED cap 1:
cp_erosion_b30006.jpg

* BLU house window still needs some cover like the RED house, some planks maybe (like the BLU cp 1 house got)

also, I havent tested this 6v6 yet, so I dont know if more spawns, chnages to spawn timers etc are needed.
But the place where u removed a route now makes room for another spwan room?

Vander

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Feb 16, 2008
Not sure how I missed this one. Excellent looking map. I really like what you have going thematically. I didn't like the steel beams at first, but I think they are growing on me. I also love the wood planks.

ikem

Dec 8, 2008
* there's a "hole" in the ground at RED cap 1:
u just saying between the rock and the wood?

ikem

Dec 8, 2008
made some art for it while waiting for feed back

poster_erosion_b3.png

ikem

Dec 8, 2008
reowrked mid

cp_erosion_b4c0000.jpg

ikem

Dec 8, 2008
yea... i am working on that lol... streching the map is kinda hard..