Sep 22, 2015
Out of map.
kVj38.jpg

itscoretf

L1: Registered
Jul 6, 2021
itscoretf updated Cornwater with a new update entry:

B8B

• Added almost a dozen light origins for props to fix some lighting issues on props, and added new compile parameter that I didn't have so that may help.
  • Changed the primary door of BLU's first forward spawn to open sideways from the middle, fixing the door coming through the bunker.
  • Added somewhere between 20/30 env_light entities to try to smooth out poor lighting where possible (poor on the game's end).
  • Added jump route in tyres for spies or whatever, you'll see it...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Katsu! :3

Veteran Cat
aa
Jul 30, 2021
definitely going against the grain when I say this but this new skybox and lighting are a lot worse than the classic Alpine and sky_trainyard combo. sky_triage_01 is really ugly and the lighting it brings is a lot less visually clear than any sort of normal alpine. Rather frustrating to see such a great pro version go the way of so many subpar maps.

itscoretf

L1: Registered
Jul 6, 2021
definitely going against the grain when I say this but this new skybox and lighting are a lot worse than the classic Alpine and sky_trainyard combo. sky_triage_01 is really ugly and the lighting it brings is a lot less visually clear than any sort of normal alpine. Rather frustrating to see such a great pro version go the way of so many subpar maps.

visual clarity is still a huge focus, and sky_triage_01 is also not the final skybox, it merely suited the sun direction change i wanted to make. i found a lot of areas on the map were previously a pain to light without everything just being super bright/blown out, and wanted to make thematic changes to the map. lighting in general across the map will still be heavily focused on visibility, but alpine gave me little freedom in the overal aesthetic i wanted to pursue. that lighting isn't permanently gone, but i would rather find a blend of the two. a lot of standard maps feel visually incomplete, so i would like to strike a balance of looks/visibility.

Katsu! :3

Veteran Cat
aa
Jul 30, 2021
1677557559015.png

you're more than welcome to peruse my mapping project if you want a certain kind of skybox. There's abouuuuut 150 in there...?