PL Cornwater B6B

Alternate universe Badwater with competitive play and visual consistency at the forefront.

1. itscoretf

itscoretf L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Cornwater - Alternate universe Badwater with competitive play and visual consistency at the forefront.

Brief description:
    As a person with Deuteranopia (red-green colour blindness), the original Badwater was terrible for me, and the existing "Pro" orientated versions didn't do much to help. Alpine/Sunny I have always found the best sight-wise, so I figured that Badwater could use a makeover.

The majority of the map balancing and existing changes are competitively orientated, however, this should be a vastly better community server experience than stock Badwater.

This is my first published map, but I would like to thank the Refresh team, especially harris0n, xobile & JackyLegs for being absolute legends when I needed help figuring out Hammer and being super patient with the common first map mistakes. I would also like to thank fubar for his help earlier in the process and for his improved alpine/mining rocks!

Changelog:
    A full changelog is yet to be written, but it is very long. :(

Credits:
    - Forklift
    - Overgrown Prop Pack
    - koth_occult assets, "The Cavern Theme"
    - Tall Thin Pine Trees
    - Enclosure assets
    - Sean "heyo" Cutino's Jungle Asset Pack
    - Alpine/props_rocks by fubar

- Corn texture by harris0n

Last edited: Aug 1, 2021
  2. d3adfin

d3adfin L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    pretty nice, but it seems like some places on the map aren't lit as well as they are on normal badwater to me, might be a consequence of the changed palette or that i'm just imagining things but i'm sure messing with the lighting would make it a lot better
    upload_2021-8-2_2-39-54.png upload_2021-8-2_2-36-13.png upload_2021-8-2_2-40-35.png upload_2021-8-2_3-3-53.png upload_2021-8-2_2-38-57.png

also i think the texture + particle you chose for these aren't the best
    upload_2021-8-2_2-42-29.png
    i think you should just use the combo of textures/particles/models that koth_bagel has

also also i would suggest using an info_lighting above this last explosion prop but also idk if that would fuck up the explosion animation aesthetically
    upload_2021-8-2_2-44-31.png

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2021
  3. itscoretf

Positive Ratings:
    the general world / map lighting certainly still needs a lot more work, and sadly the black shadow patch outside of the yard area is an issue i have been unable to fix but am working on replacing the detailing in that area.

as for the jumppad effects, they are temporary as i am looking to make / have some made, and the last point bomb hole prop relies on a path_corner entity that afaik is obselete (at least according to Hammer++).

i'm going to be releasing B2a soon which hopefully will have me dive into the deepend of color correction and tuning the HDR + lighting further.

• Like Like x 1
  4. d3adfin

d3adfin L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    the black shadow i think is because the displacement in the 3d skybox is clipping through where the floor in the shadow actually is? i could be wrong but that would be my best guess

5. itscoretf

Positive Ratings:
    it appears that it was the 3d skybox, never even considered that could be possible, much appreciated man :)

will credit in the changelog later on :chord:

• Like Like x 1
  6. itscoretf

Positive Ratings:
  7. Yrr

aa Yrr An Actual Deer

Positive Ratings:
  8. itscoretf

Positive Ratings:
  9. itscoretf

Positive Ratings:
    B5A released
    • Replaced railings map-wide to fix lighting issues.
    • Fixed lighting issues in tunnel.
    • Tunnel no longer has a full trim on the entry and exit.
    • Replaced red metal textures.

Read the rest of this update entry...

10. itscoretf

Positive Ratings:
    • Fixed seam in displacements near setup shortcut
    • Ramp added on 3rd to replace unreliable displacements, should hopefully make surfing much more consistent
    • Fixed RED shutter onto tracks not closing when a player was standing underneath during capture

Read the rest of this update entry...

11. silverSketch

silverSketch L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I managed to get stuck inside the setup connector to the left of red's spawn

12. itscoretf

Positive Ratings:
  13. itscoretf

Positive Ratings:
  14. itscoretf

Positive Ratings: