[contest entry][wip] pl_reservoir

Ezekel

L11: Posh Member
Dec 16, 2008
i didn't know about the 1st - will fixit.
i did know about the 2nd, and had decided to keep it asis because changing it also didn't look right when looking at the buildingfrom the front.

thanks rexy rex

GrimGriz

L10: Glamorous Member
Jan 2, 2009
As i mentioned during gameday, the map seemed too wide to me, at least in comparison to most of the other PL maps I've played. It's hard to explain, but I think it's part of why people seemed to get lost a lot.

Baysin

L2: Junior Member
Feb 14, 2008
As i mentioned during gameday, the map seemed too wide to me, at least in comparison to most of the other PL maps I've played. It's hard to explain, but I think it's part of why people seemed to get lost a lot.

I think this is only a problem in the starting area, before the first point. Starting on the blu side and looking out, it sort of looks open at first glance, even though you've really only got a couple of routes open to you... follow the track or head up the left by the sniper spire. After that point, I did get turned around a few times as I looked for ways to flank the enemy, but that's part of learning any complex map. I got lost on Badwater a couple of times my first run or two through it, and that doesn't really seem very complex to me now.

Big Rexy, I took a look at the space you said you couldn't fit through, and I was able to run in and out of there just fine. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean? I'm looking at the space between the large pillar and the corner, right where the blood stain is in that picture.

Finally, a small cosmetic thing. There's a blue barrel on its side on the concrete in front of the blu spawn at the start. It's floating just a bit. I didn't notice it during gameplay, just when I went back in to refresh my memory before posting this. Bring it down a unit or two and it'll be fine.

OH! One more thing, again something I only noticed when I revisited the map on my own. When you stand in front of the cart, as opposed to next to it or on top of it, it only heals you, it doesn't refill your ammo. You still get the blue healing beam off it. Move just a bit further back along the cart and you get your ammo.

Last edited:

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
pl_reservoir_1_80002.jpg

This door. Remove it. Immediately. :mad:

Cerious

L420: High Member
Aug 10, 2008
Gave me 28 captures for the whole thing.

Ruined my stats.

Why 28?

This happens in official maps as well. You don't get caps for payload by passing a checkpoint, you get caps by pushing it for a certain amount of time. This is why some payload 24/7 servers have players with ridiculously high points on offense.

Memento Mori

L2: Junior Member
Mar 25, 2008
This happens in official maps as well. You don't get caps for payload by passing a checkpoint, you get caps by pushing it for a certain amount of time. This is why some payload 24/7 servers have players with ridiculously high points on offense.

Well I'm sure I pushed Badwaters by myself and only got around 10

Ezekel

L11: Posh Member
Dec 16, 2008
it's to do with the number of caps in one life.
if there's a lot of contesting going on then you'll get ridiculous numbers
*cough 63 caps as a heavy, and 23 defense cough*

Big Rexy, I took a look at the space you said you couldn't fit through, and I was able to run in and out of there just fine. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean? I'm looking at the space between the large pillar and the corner, right where the blood stain is in that picture.
-> i'd already fixed that is why you didn't find it :D (that was from a previous gameday)

that door you want removed - i do that and blu has no flanking, and little chance of dealing with the sniper nest in the final area.

the floating barrel, and displacement outside the door will get fixed.
the cart not giving ammo - i don't what's up with this, normally it works fine, but occasionally does that, i've yet to work out why it is.

Last edited: