[Contest Entry] pl_frontier

Spike

L10: Glamorous Member
Feb 13, 2008
Well, I actually don't know if it's supposed to fall down, but it would be cool if it does (and it also would be correct, because wagon is linkedto the train

Zanpa

L4: Comfortable Member
Jan 17, 2009
b4dc503b4354a812c061719d07bca.jpg

The bad thing is that it wasn't only that I saw it this way. It really was like that. For everybody....

So we barely could get on, we could capture (or block) by standig near Chew Chew and not behind...

(And I also have this problem of Chew Chew bouncing to the other side of crater when BLU win. Doesn't look good :/ )

flubber

L4: Comfortable Member
Nov 16, 2007
this happens quite often in fact. especially in these area (cp2->3)

captainAngry

L420: High Member
Feb 1, 2009
We have run a total of 3 versions of this map on my server starting a13 (on b2 now), and it definately has staying power. I have personally had a number of great matches on this map and I would recomend it to anyone that needs a payload map that supports a lot of players.

Right now the ratings I have collected for the latest version of this map are slim because I recently updated to b2, but even with the few ratings it has, the average is at 3.75/5. You can see the rest of the map ratings on my server here: http://gaming.calculatedchaos.com/ratings/

-Captain

Colt Seavers

L6: Sharp Member
Dec 30, 2007
about time I tipped my hat to this fantastic map.

we've had it in our teamplay rotation for a couple of weeks - and it's already a firm favorite. Superb attention to detail, tricky and interesting layout, and that cart!!!!! Top quality.

Spike

Feb 13, 2008
Just wanted to say, each time I play it, each time I like it more.

They only thing I dont like about the map is the train kills you if it touch you (in front of it)

Sgt.Sausage

Dec 5, 2008
I like this map, only thing is sometimes two many ways to go and focus is lost on the kart and that walks are to long to front line

GrimGriz

Jan 2, 2009
The cart is too tall, the download is too big, and people like it better than my maps.

GrimGriz

Jan 2, 2009
Well, assuming it's a bullet shield like the other payload carts, it's too easy to hide behind, making my sentries worthless for a long period of time. On offense I can't see the certain doom coming up and then quickly duck back down behind the cart.

Don't worry, it's all personal preference stuff...and mind tend to me a far cry from most players :)

Arhurt

May 7, 2008
Oh man I really gotta compile the new version of ChewChew. I'll get to it.

As for the cart being tall and blocking the hell out of everyone... ummm that's the point!

laghlagh

Jul 15, 2008
Oh man I really gotta compile the new version of ChewChew. I'll get to it.

On the subject: I really like the look of the current Chew-Chew. Don't listen to baboons that have never played the game and doesn't know the art style tell you that you must make it more gritty and worn. I especially liked the controls, the eyes and the mouth's pink glow.

Cerious

Aug 10, 2008
Yes, Chew-Chew fits IMO, but whenever I look at it I lose a chunk of FPS, so I'd rather that it doesn't have as much detail as it does now.