Competitive casters complaining about map issues

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
The other particles. The ones players kick up when they run through it. I assume that's the reason they think snow is "bad for their framerate," at least, unless they're genuinely insane, which is also a distinct possibility.

Mar 20, 2012
I've been in a Catch-22 about that.

On one side, I have Psy's weather effects (which do NOT count as normal weather effects and thus can't be disabled) in my Congo map and it gives it a much neater atmosphere.

On the other hand, it could effectively kill my map for comp. play.

Then again, it's an SD map and I'll probably just be told to screw off for it anyways. So... eh.

I don't really care if my maps show up at UGC/ESEA really. It's not like I map for fame.

Trotim

aa
Jul 14, 2009
One recent VOD has
koth_arctic looks like some kind of mangled Viaduct, with similar geometry and building layouts, but takes away the sloped nature of Viaduct in favor of flat ground. Will soldiers be the dominant class on this map, or will the sniper angles prove too great for anyone to overcome?
as description. Let's bash the map before the video is even loaded heck yea

It may not be anything in particular but stuff like this is just all over. I find that prevalent disdain of any custom map really upsetting

Last edited:

Trotim

aa
Jul 14, 2009
We're not the ones trying to represent the game and community to thousands of viewers.

edit: Though I'll admit the way some members here have been treated wasn't the most courteous either

Last edited: