Coalburn

REEJ

L420: High Member
Aug 26, 2010
After playing it on gameday I can say that as for koth it's a great job, I found the layout and specific routes much more fun than valve's koths. (only played a spy though)
Anyway, detailing go go go and everyone's gonna end up praising the map as well.

LeSwordfish

semi-trained quasi-professional
aa
Aug 8, 2010
The vertical difference seemed fairly limited, but i suppose thats not a be-all and end-all. The area outside the spawn isnt greatly interesting to fight in, but it doesnt have to be. I left a couple of annotations. A little bit of cover on the roof is the only other thing i'd suggest, it was very open. It'd have to be limited. If it was away from the hole, people could choose between spamming the hole or staying in cover.

Steff0o

L6: Sharp Member
May 31, 2009
B1 is on the server, keep in mind that it isnt a very great polished version, just a preview of what im intending to make. :)

Sep 1, 2009
Ventoux lets see....
-optimisation is greatly needed across one side to the other looking though the middle
-Missing props and possibly some textures
-Cubemaps D:

Steff0o

L6: Sharp Member
May 31, 2009
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

B2 is ready
As you see it's now called Coalburn

Enjoy Playing :p

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
kothcoalburnb20000.jpg

Too much bright on the ceiling. You should be using light_spot for these. Also the computer (and clock, on the other wall) is showing through the glass for some reason. I've had issues with this bug before; damned if I know what's causing it.

kothcoalburnb20001.jpg

Missing texture. My advice is to just go ahead and use the default blue one. You've already got blue hardhats and a blue welding machine in RED territory. Players understand that not everything RED owns has to be red in color.

kothcoalburnb20002.jpg

These stairs are concrete on top but wooden on the front. Huh?

kothcoalburnb20003.jpg

I am rather curious as to how these lights are casting a criss-cross pattern on these stairs.