clover

TC clover a9

Mess About

L7: Fancy Member
Jan 16, 2017
Mess About submitted a new resource:

clover - a tc map with the 4-leaf clover layout design from dust2/csgo

here is a visualization of how the 4-leaf layout looks in comparison with the one from tc_hydro (using mighty MS Paint)

tc_4_leaf_layout.png

the advantage of this type of layout is that each configuration is the exact same for every CPs, only the routes between them change, reduce the complexity and avoid confusion.

Screenshots

Read more about this resource...

Katsu! :3

Veteran Cat
aa
Jul 30, 2021
I like the choice to highlight the Control Point using tf_glow, it makes TC much easier for players to understand. May I ask how you got it to function? I know cp_konkreet uses a similar effect but it parents the tf_glow to item_teamflag entities.

Lacry

L6: Sharp Member
Feb 25, 2019
I'm glad to see more tc maps lately, it was about time.

But for what I can see in your map i would improve a few things:
-I think its too big, I know its TC, but some of the spaces feel very big and empty.
-The spawn visualizer its not in the doors, and this is a big issue, cause the enemy team could easily spawncamp inside the spawn. And also there is no func_nobuild in them, so an Engineer can easily set a sentry infron of the players spawn area.
-The last CP area doesnt let the attacking team to comeback to their spawn, i dont know if its intentional, but i dont think its a good idea.
-And at last, i would add a map, Hydro let you see which areas are capped between rounds, and i think this is important to know how many areas are left to play, i recommend checking the 14bit prefab they have for TC

Also check the image, this happend me before.

Attachments

• 20230109233656_1.jpg
    20230109233656_1.jpg
    316.1 KB · Views: 39

Mess About

Jan 16, 2017
I like the choice to highlight the Control Point using tf_glow, it makes TC much easier for players to understand. May I ask how you got it to function? I know cp_konkreet uses a similar effect but it parents the tf_glow to item_teamflag entities.
nothing fancy, I just disable them by default and turn them on/off using team_control_point_round with OnStart/OnEnd outputs

(but I do admit that sometimes it works sometimes it dont, and I have no idea why)

Mess About

Jan 16, 2017