cliffside

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
The whole map consists of massive sightlines over a point that's an absolute deathtrap. Once one team secured the point it became a massive, round spanning fight to resecure it. One single demoman could hold down the point, and snipers would invoke even more snipers.

Tapp

L10: Glamorous Member
Jan 26, 2009
The whole map consists of massive sightlines over a point that's an absolute deathtrap. Once one team secured the point it became a massive, round spanning fight to resecure it. One single demoman could hold down the point, and snipers would invoke even more snipers.

Ok, so I need to break up the sight lines, and make the central point harder to control. Did anybody on the server use the flank routes to kill the snipers, or did the snipers have defences?

Aug 10, 2009
I would suggest that you change your map from a rectangle to an S-Curve design, which should help with the sightlines while keeping much of the original material. Note though that the tops of your bases (with the cover) will be favorable to explosives classes.

Mar 23, 2010
I would suggest that you change your map from a rectangle to an S-Curve design, which should help with the sightlines while keeping much of the original material. Note though that the tops of your bases (with the cover) will be favorable to explosives classes.

that would require huge layout changes, which this might need. i agree with nrd. the point is way too cramped.

Last edited:

Tapp

L10: Glamorous Member
Jan 26, 2009

Good idea. I'm currently working on how to prevent the point from becoming any more of a death-trap. Do you think the structure in the centre helps or hinders capturers? Right now my course of action will be to reduce sightlines, and then remove cover in certain locations. The idea will be to expose people defending the point, so that they are vulnerable to attackers.

Last edited: