Changing the model of the intelligence briefcase in CTF maps

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by samn, Jun 2, 2008.

1. samn

samn L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    I would like to replace the intell briefcase in my map with the mop and bucket model (props_2fort/mop_and_bucket). How could I do this? I can't find the option to change the model anywhere.

2. Sgt Frag

Sgt Frag L14: Epic Member

Positive Ratings:
    You should be able to right-click the intel briefcase (prop_static or whatever it is, might be a prop_detail since it spins) and choose 'world model' from the list, then search for mop.

Might be odd to steal a teams mop and bucket though :w00t:

I'm sure there will also be weird happenings like the mop handle either sticking through the player who grabs it or sticking 5 feet out behind them. Depends on the attachment bone I guess.

(youme is not gonna like this idea ;) )

3. DasMatze

DasMatze L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    No, that's not possible. The flag is an entity, not a prop. So you have to replace the model with a custom one. You want the bucket prop from the game. You could try to extract and rename it but the other players wouldn't have it unless you pack it into the map which is illegal because it's from the game.

DasMatze

4. Axii

Axii L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I've always wanted to do this :p, But DasMatze, Would it still be Illegal if you made your Own model?

5. samn

Positive Ratings:
    Managed to do it. It looks very funny :)

6. Sgt Frag

Sgt Frag L14: Epic Member

Positive Ratings:
    No it wouldn't be illegal to release your own model. The legality issue is because you would be releasing valve content and someone who doesn't own the game could get it through your file.

7. samn

Positive Ratings:
    There's a thread in this forum containing links to all the maps, isn't that illegal too?

8. drp

aa drp

Positive Ratings:
    they are decompiled copies. it is fine to replace the intel with another model.

9. Foreverkul

Foreverkul L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    There are no legal issues on this :p