Changes to Lighting

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
Whom do you recommend emailing? I've sent several emails to "TF Team" via the form on their site and never gotten a response, and they don't publicly list any of their addresses anymore.
"Finally, we wanted to note that we value the role the community plays in the development of this game, and do in fact read all the feedback sent to us, as well as through reddit, the forums, streams, and more. We are not always as talkative as we perhaps should be, but we are listening."

From the Casual mode update blog. It seems they've learned their lesson.

puxorb

L69: Emoticon
aa
Dec 15, 2013
I just found another great example from my screenshots folder. (I take a lot of screenshots)
This wood texture was the whole reason I wanted to do color correction. I thought it looked amazing on ghostfort (lakeside_event) so I did it here. This is inside BLU's first spawn on gorge_event.

OPPsIUq.jpg

Also RIP custom FOV and weapon models. That high fidelity flamethrower model was my favorite. (That's actually the original 2007 model as well, no idea why they removed that in 2010 but that's another story.)

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
I just found another great example from my screenshots folder. (I take a lot of screenshots)
This wood texture was the whole reason I wanted to do color correction. I thought it looked amazing on ghostfort (lakeside_event) so I did it here. This is inside BLU's first spawn on gorge_event.

OPPsIUq.jpg

Also RIP custom FOV and weapon models. That high fidelity flamethrower model was my favorite. (That's actually the original 2007 model as well, no idea why they removed that in 2010 but that's another story.)
I want that flamethrower model. So bad.

puxorb

L69: Emoticon
aa
Dec 15, 2013
Incoming bump!

Anyone think I should still e-mail Valve? I'm not sure who I should contact or what I should say. I'm always nervous about e-mailing Valve but maybe the fact that I am a community map maker might a difference.

Despite all of the horrible changes made to the game in recent years I still want to be able to play my map again during the Scream Fortress event (If there even is one this year). I'll do it without color correction if need be, but I guess it's worth a shot, right?

Also, I'll assume that poking @The Jill didn't work out before?