Brook

StickZer0

💙💙💃💙💙
aa
Nov 25, 2008
I thought that having a giant concrete slab that opens up and car-workstations rising above the ground to let people in was pretty creative :x

But duly noted about outdoors being more fun than indoors. Thanks :)

duton1

L1: Registered
Aug 22, 2010
Well here's what I got.

The map did not give me any errors whatsoever, I clocked about 120 FPS on max settings (62 when playing with bots)

The Map was brilliantly constructed and the mapper utilized the tools in very unique ways, suck as the "Cliche" Spiraling pit towards the end.

I saw many spots for engineers to turtle, but also many ways to get around, which could lead to a complete turtling engie team. But that's unlikely

The Lighting was as damn near perfect, A little low in some areas, and I think some of the indoor lights could use a little bit of color.

I think that the power transformers near the opening door into the base are somewhat out of place for TF2's art style, and while a good idea, I just don't think it fits.

The Payload checkpoints were spread fairly decently apart, some a little to close to others but I think that was intentional.

Keep on it! It looks and plays fantastic! I give it an 8.5/10

J4CK8

L11: Posh Member
Mar 4, 2009
Still love it, but I didn't get to see the final point due to unbalanced teams at one point :( Also the one way long route from cap 1 to RED spawn is annoying. Teams just sit either side and wait for somebody to open the door, especialy with it being right outside RED spawn, maybe make it open after cap 3 instead.

Only two small 'bugs':
Overlapping railings :O
Non lit texture thingy looks ugly

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
I'd say move where the gate is to red spawn over to where the full medkit and ammo pack are now. Just close off the other area.

StickZer0

💙💙💃💙💙
aa
Nov 25, 2008
-Updated to A6!-
Detailed Blue's spawn (whoops!)
Very minor alterations to the River Area and following house.
Merged CP2 and 3 and reconstructed the area to provide both more cover and more flank routes, to hopefully reduce the spam and apparent impossibility of capping.
Changed the Secret Entrance from a large rotating concrete slab, to two conrete slabs that open sideways. This will stop players from getting caught.
Made the Secret Entrance door a little wider.
Recreated the area between the Secret Entrance and the Spiral Cave.
Recreated the Spiral Cave using displacements.
Moved the Red Spawn in the Spiral Cave to allow for more movement from Red.

Gerbil

aa
Feb 6, 2009
Map looks great so far! I should play it more.

If you want any simple props and stuff I'd be glad to help.

Tyker

L5: Dapper Member
Jun 1, 2009
We got stuck for a very long time as attackers on the way to the final room. I think you need to make the space just before the final room a bit bigger.

Didn't get a lot of play time on it, so no feedback on anything else, sorry :x

Wilson

Boomer by Sleep
aa
May 4, 2010
ISSUES

- There is blue only door in red second spawn.
- Some of the bottlenecks around map are too tight and gives defenders too much advance.
- 2nd last point is way too cramped and really easy to defend.
- The 2nd last cp is really hard to cap and once it is capped things get force, red spawn times are quite short and spawns are close to second last, basicly red just keeps coming and coming until blue runs out of time.
- The red second spawns are too close to tracks.

Pc_Madness

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 31, 2009
WORST. MAP. EVER.

I kid, I actually liked it, which is saying something considering I don't like many customs. :p

Issues:
- Fix Blu's first spawn doors. They annoy me :p
- Its possible for Blu to run up the left side of the map and just keep on going till they reach red spawn. There used to be a one way door in that little sniper room, what happened to that? Re add it and make it one way.
- Something about the outdoor area after the first cap bugs me. It feels a little too opened.
- At the base of the ramp that explodes open theres a little alcove to the right as you go down that was getting used by red to camp a few guys. Consider shrinking it a bit?
- Final cap area and the room before is a bit meh. I didn't get to see much of the death pit area but it looked kind of hard for Red to defend, but the area was so hard to enter due to many routes for red to counter attack on.
- Also fix the overlapping brushes and some of the funky heights for rooms you've got going on, they annoy me. :p

Mr.Late

L7: Fancy Member
Nov 27, 2009
I like the new inside area, good job!

BUT

There is a quite of choke right after the 2nd last CP. BLU pushed all way to there just to get stuck. Cart stayed there the whole round. Add a side route maybe?
pl_brook_a6a0001%20%28Small%29.jpg

Also that door doesn't open at all.

J4CK8

L11: Posh Member
Mar 4, 2009
Also that door doesn't open at all.

The door did open, but it seemed only when someone was on the other side (including BLU) :confused: Not sure what was actualy opening the door. But also pyros could flame through both the doors.

But yeah, first round, BLU stormed to just before the cave/spiral and then failed to move, and in second round it seemed pretty balanced until the underground area and the spiral when RED were being pretty much spawncamped.

Overlapping brushes in the room next to cp2 with the health/ammo:

pl_brook_a6a0000.jpg

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
plbrooka6a0000.jpg

I think there needs to be an indication that this doorway is a dead end.

plbrooka6a0001.jpg

I don't know if anything can be done about this, but the sound made by walking on this is the "solid metal floor" sound instead of the "chain-link fence" sound (yes, there really is a sound in Source for walking on a chain-link fence!).

plbrooka6a0002.jpg

These prop_physics_override barrels need to go. I got stuck in one and then got killed before I could get myself unstuck.

Bob1897

L1: Registered
Jun 13, 2010
I agree entirely on the barrel issue. People need to stop toying with prop physics in tf2. I know you love to throw couches 30ft just by punching them, but... :facepalm:

Languid

L5: Dapper Member
Oct 9, 2009
Make em like the cones in hydro. Non solid to players, but explosions knock them around

LeSwordfish

semi-trained quasi-professional
aa
Aug 8, 2010
First thing i thought when i saw that was "messy". Not in an (intended to be) insulting way, but a bit too visually noisy. Not sure i like those brown fences. Maybe windows would be better? but if you're going with a mine themed last point, they are the only ones that fit. Also, all that brushwork in the same texture isnt especially pretty: varying some of the colour might help make it a bit less... messy.

^ Edit: on looking back at this, even i cant tell what i mean. i dont like those wood fences placed oddly though, though i cant think of anything better.

Spawns look much better now, though.

Last edited: