Brokk's Assorted Mapping Fixes - Public Beta and Raffle

Brokkhouse

I'm sorry Mario, your logic is in another instance
Server Staff
Oct 9, 2021

ANNOUNCING BROKK'S ASSORTED MAPPING FIXES (BAMF) - PUBLIC BETA V0.1​

A MODERN MAPPING UTILITY PACK FOR NEWBS AND VETERANS ALIKE​

Hi! I'm Brokk. For a while now, I've been working on a collection of mapping tools. BAMF includes reworks of various pre-existing things the community has been using for a while now, as well as a lot of content of my own, all packaged together into a small amount of modules and available for you to download. The project is not finished although already larger and more complete even than ABS' Ultimate Mapping Pack.

Why am I announcing this now if it's not finished and not completely available yet? Because I want it to be as good as it possibly can be, and I need YOUR help with both discovering and fixing new issues and adding more features. As such, everyone submitting at least one (1) valid bug report, legit feature request, or helps out in any other way, will be entered into a raffle. (If they want to, obviously.) The prize: THESE THREE UNUSUALS (that means three winners, not one winner who will get three hats).
Thank you for your help. I, and the rest of the TF2 community I'm sure, really appreciates it.

CURRENT FEATURES (all are modular, can be enabled/disabled individually)​

• An FGD Fit For a LORD - Brokk Edition. Adds a myriad of previously undocumented entities, as well as completely new or widely expanded descriptions, keyvalues, display changes, and icons for all of TF2's entities. Built-in Propper support and easy customizability. By far the most complete TF2 FGD available. Based on work by ficool2, Puddy, Da Spud Lord, and A Boojum Snark.
  • Expanded prefab library based on the work by A Boojum Snark, but with many, many more prefabs. Soundscapes, pickups, common gameplay and map elements, logic, lighting, and more. Features content by Brokk, A Boojum Snark, Tumby, as well as others.
  • Material Tag Overhaul as seen in ABS' pack. Adds the "tf" and "dev" tags to any and all relevant materials in both HL2 and TF2, making the material browser significantly more useful.
  • Surface Prop Overhaul by Adam. Gives fitting surface prop parameters to a large amount of materials that were previously lacking them. Needs to be packed via Compilepal in a finished map to have any effect, but does not require any other kind of set up
  • Extra Dev Textures by Aulli. Adds several dev texture variants in common TF2 shades so you can show your players what your map will eventually be themed as without giving up on the cleanliness of a nice and tidy whitebox.
  • Decompiled map library featuring all Valve maps (plus the SDK VMFs), decompiled with the latest version of BSPsrc
  • Radshadowman (precompiler/automatic prop texture shadows includer) and compile config

PLANNED FEATURES (to be added before the full release)​

• Publicly released VMFs of as many official community maps as I can get my hands on
  • Additional prefabs and a light library with examples (get your ass on this, Pdan)
  • Hammer cheat sheet/quick reference to be used as a poster or wallpaper, including H++ features and keybinds
  • Additional FGD documentation and customization
- Compilepal Presets "Valve", "Imp", "Super Duper", and "Radshadowman"
  • Payload collision enabler prefab
  • MORE PREFABS AAAAAAA

NICE-TO-HAVE FEATURES (unplanned unless anyone will help me with them)​

• automatic installer script
  • promo art for download page, install guide, and hammer cheat sheet
  • showcase map for FGD, prefabs, and dev textures
  • Additional vscript support like example scripts or tie-in prefabs
  • FGD variant for TF2C
  • FGD support for TeamSpen Compile tools
  • Instance prefabs for logic elements akin to the Portal 2 elements

FEATURES UNLIKELY TO BE ADDED​

- precompiler and FGD keyvalues that allow prop_static resizing or mirroring

Click HERE to download the BAMF Beta (latest)​

Installation manual included. Contact me here or on Discord (@.kas) if you need anything.

Further Updates, information and documentation can be found on the GitHub Page or on the Documentation Site (WIP).

Last edited:

Brokkhouse

Server Staff
Oct 9, 2021

BAMF Version 0.2

• Added Lacry's Gamemode Prefabs
  • Made help text for spawnpoint appearance option more clear
  • Moved readmes to outside of the VPK directories, added VPKs
  • Added information about Lacry's gamemodes and VPKs

Brokkhouse