'BONK' Energy Drink

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
dang, from the sounds of the translated achievements, the energy drink will give some type of "miss!" power.:mellow: I was hoping for it to just go faster and the player had to use skill to dodge the sentries

you mean you didn't notice the MISS! on the scout?

check the energy drink update page again and look closer.

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
Page Source for the Energy Drink Page
123508243655xv2.png

Mar

Banned
Feb 12, 2009
Valve, the only game company with enough balls to openly insult our attempts to leak their info.

Nineaxis

Quack Doctor
aa
May 19, 2008
You didn't notice they are exactly like the critical hit indicators, but indicate everyone is missing?

Mar

Banned
Feb 12, 2009
I noticed the missing of the miss.

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
The only difference is that the scouts hand is further up on the barrel. You people are looking for stuff were it isn't there. And how is taking of the bottoming making it sawed off? I thought that the scatter gun was a sawed of version of the regular shotgun.
Actually, the "new" one doesn't have the rounded area around the chamber and the stock has the opposite curve. It's also missing the forward aiming post

L4: Comfortable Member
Jul 9, 2008
As I was just ranting in the steam chat, Bonk! had better disable captures and intel carrying like ubers do.

The effect doesn't last as long as an uber, and afterwards the scout slows down a lot so it balances out. If he had the intel he would run really far and then slow down to the heavy or soldiers speed for a bit.

EDIT: Man this forum is quiet compared to the Steam forums. I know Ive said this before but I mean, this post has 3 pages and the post on the Steam forums has almost 40 pages, and there's not just one. But I have to admit I like these forums a lot more. There's no trolls or spammers.

Last edited:

Fireman

L4: Comfortable Member
Mar 21, 2008
I'm wondering if the BONK! miss effect is going to apply to all damage, or just the bullets fired from sentry guns. Having the scout get a speed boost AND be able to avoid most of the fire the enemy team is throwing at him seems a bit overpowered, but having the effect only apply for sentry guns seems a bit more reasonable and balanced.

HeaH

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Oct 2, 2008
I think it will only be for bullets. When you have used Bonk! you also have some seconds where you can't see that good...