better compiler(s)?

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by SiniStarR, Jun 6, 2009.

1. SiniStarR

SiniStarR L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    If I remember correctly, Worldcraft had third party compilers. Are there any out for Hammer?

2. Mar

Mar Banned

Positive Ratings:
    http://qsextreme.com/vbct/

That that one. It really keeps your computer from lagging alot when compiling. You can even play another game if you computer is good enough.

Another huge plus of it is that you can keep on mapping in hammer when your compiling. Huge time saver, especially when you use the cordon tool. You basically can compile one part of the map and then work on another section.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. TheDarkerSideofYourShadow

TheDarkerSideofYourShadow L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    I remember using Zooners(?) or something for Worldcraft, so at least you're correct that there have been third party compile tools in the past.

For those not familiar with what I'm talking about, some individual had made programs which replaced the standard vbsp, vvis, and vrad, as opposed to a batch compiler program.

4. SiniStarR

SiniStarR L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    damn that tool is really useful/helpful and 10x times better than the regular hammer compiler, now i can finally cancel :D!!!. Thanks so much

5. a2h

a2h L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Now, if only there was a compiler that actually replaced the standard one automatically...

6. Loc_n_lol

Loc_n_lol L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    Zoner was a gearbox employee if I remember correctly, though.
    Zoner's tools were later improved on by people from the community, Merl among others, then I lost track of it...