Bayou

Chaopsychochick

L4: Comfortable Member
Jun 16, 2009
Want to confirm from gameday.

What I need to do for Bayou:
*More Signs
*Fix leak/cube maps in basement of sunken mansion (DONE)
*Make door windows from Blu spawn lighter (DONE)
*No draw non-visible sides
*Fix Ramp in C where you get caught on the overhead ladder (DONE)
*HUD display name of each point/Where Intelligence is spawning currently (DONE)
*Fix playerclipping before A
*And of course the ever present need for more detailing.

Am I missing anything? Do I need to work on anything else?

Fox, you also mentioned there are some points that were a bit noisy? Could you please post those?

Last edited:

Chaopsychochick

Jun 16, 2009
So, I have just completely a bunch of work on the HUD and wanted to show everyone to get feedback, as well as for some help.

I have it displaying now to show which point is which along with it's name. I also have it showing where the intelligence is spawning, to make it easier for blu to know where that is as I know a lot of people tended to be confused about that.

Also, I am trying to come up with a 7 letter or less name for point B. If anyone has any suggestions I would LOVE to hear them! ^^

bayouHUD.JPG

bayouHUD1.JPG

bayouHUD2.JPG

bayouHUD3.JPG

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
I think the intel isn't different enough from the lock. At a glance they aren't real distinguishable. If you used the standard lock icon/position then at least the color would be different... hmm *looks at other part of hud* What if you used the little house to indicate where the intel's home is? (normal beige lock, black house?)

Chaopsychochick

Jun 16, 2009
Do you think that would look different enough from the faded house I have in the corner for blu spawn?

Though hmmm, I guess I can at least try that, as you are right and at a glance they have a very similar silhouette and coloring.

Chaopsychochick

Jun 16, 2009
So I tried it with making the intel darker, didn't look right, tried it with just the house, didn't look right. Though trying just adding in the black house by the intel looks great imo. So I have it changed to that atm, and it looks as follows:

bayouHUD4.JPG

Tinker

aa
Oct 30, 2008
If you give the house itself a theme you could give B a name easily. Like, if you make it a canoe rental store, you could call it "canoes" or "rental" or "store". "Office", "house", "voodoo", etc.

Chaopsychochick

Jun 16, 2009
Yeah, I think I have done the start of that for A9 (still more detailing to do to make it better) But there are now several caves attached to it, and I was gonna make it a spelunking sort of entrance, with it going into a large cave with a goonies style ship.

littleedge

L1111: Clipping Guru
aa
Mar 2, 2009
I apparently failed to take the screenshot before my taunt ended, so my body takes up a fair amount of the view. Hopefully you can tell where I am.

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1490725/ctf_bayou_a90000.jpg
I can move along the edge here...
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1490725/ctf_bayou_a90001.jpg
And continue to crawl here...
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1490725/ctf_bayou_a90002.jpg
Fun adventure.

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1490725/ctf_bayou_a90003.jpg
Right side, you've got barbed wire in the wall. No need to prevent people from scaling the wall with barbed wire! I can touch the ceiling just by touching, don't hurt me as I sidle it too!

Chaopsychochick

Jun 16, 2009
Ok then, for a10 from what I understand it:

*More optimization (As always)
*More detailing (As always)
*Thinner walls(Done)
*Revamp A spawn to look more like boat TPG posted(Done)
*Smaller cap area for B (DONE)
*Clip roofs to make sure no little ledges(Done)
*Fix buildable in A's forward spawn(Done)
*Spot lights outside(Done)
*Make sure HUD actually works(Done)
*Remove barbed wire fence, make it normal(Done)

Is there anything else I should be doing?

Also, when abouts should I swap this over to being in beta? I know this is fairly close, but I am just unsure when exactly I should do that.

Last edited:

Chaopsychochick

Jun 16, 2009
So I've been working on the revamp of BLU spawn for the boat, and I wanted to share pics of what I have. Feedback on what this would be most appreciated!

ctf_bayou_a9a0000.jpg

ctf_bayou_a9a0001.jpg

ctf_bayou_a9a0002.jpg

ctf_bayou_a9a0003.jpg

ctf_bayou_a9a0004.jpg

ctf_bayou_a9a0005.jpg

Acumen

Annoyer
aa
Jun 11, 2009
i don't know about you, but do you think the lifesavers are a bit too big ? cause i think especially compared to the door they seem pretty big (maybe it's just their placement in the scene, though ?). if you think so, as well, i could scale them down a tad, if you want.
other than that you're progressing really nice, i think some better texture variation wouldn't hurt here and there. looks rather uniform in some places

The_Ulf

L6: Sharp Member
May 26, 2009
Nice! Good work emulating that style of boat - only thing I would say is that the thick swamp-theme wooden railings seem odd for it.

Chaopsychochick

Jun 16, 2009
Acumen, I personally think they fit in well. I think if they were smaller then they wouldn't seem like they would work.

Tinker

aa
Oct 30, 2008
That looks really great!

Switching to beta happens when the layout is (pretty much) final. It's also the stage where pretty much everything is detailed.