Balloon Race

Kenny Loggins

L1: Registered
Aug 7, 2009
It allows you to get to the spawn before the other team that’s the prize for camping the point first. You can setup and be ready for them to arrive. I like the fact that you have to wait for the other team. That way the loosing team still has a chance to catch up.

I put a spawn camping plugin on the server that should help with the spawn camping also.

Geit

💜 I probably broke it 💜
aa
May 28, 2009
Updated to t6, and included the changelog, as best as I can remember

Terr

Cranky Coder
aa
Jul 31, 2009
Played today... But with a ping of 200 on a moving vehicle everything just feels incredibly buggy :/

• The icons for the "pit" teleporters to the ship aren't very clear about whether you're "on deck" or "inside". A red X mark would be helpful.
  • Spawn camping is a major pain, and finding spies is nuts when you can't differentiate bumping someone from the normal jitteryness.
  • Being sniped from within the water is a pain at the first island.
  • We got stalled and spawn-camped a long time at the first island, particularly since a sentry was covering our steering wheel.
  • The ladder by the side of the ship is practically a teleporter, there's no movement from it.
  • The only reason to go Engineer is when you make landfall before the other team and need to set up a welcoming mat.

Geit

💜 I probably broke it 💜
aa
May 28, 2009
Well sorry Guys, the playtest was a bit of a failure; The spawn camping was fixed in t6, which I did submit to the gameday, but sadly, it didn't get updated server-side, which resulted in a lot of complaining while we were playing it.

Noted, thanks

Terr

Cranky Coder
aa
Jul 31, 2009
I realize that was sort of a downer post, I just blame the lag :)

And I suppose a real ladder might not be plausible given how the ships are moving...

poolesoft

Apr 28, 2009
i realy like t7 , but......

in the next version could you make

1. the boats speed meters , cant see blue's speed
2. the new small hole is nice , buy a heavy can still spam the dispenser , and he is harder to kill now , could you just board up that window all together.
3. also on my computer i cant build on the ship at all , even in the glitch spot , could be just me
4. also please go back to day time , or maybe dusk
5. maybe speed up the slower boat even more ?

other than that its perfect !!!!! too me.

DrummerX

Nov 22, 2009
I believe there is a newer version out there, i'll contact Geit himself and see about getting him to release the latest version ( i think he's up to 11 or 12 in the testing series)

HoundDawg

Dec 18, 2007
I believe there is a newer version out there, i'll contact Geit himself and see about getting him to release the latest version ( i think he's up to 11 or 12 in the testing series)

Yes please do. Hopefully, it'll get released before tomorrow night.

henke37

aa
Sep 23, 2011
The download host seems to have disappeared.