Artpass_soylent robot

soylent robot

L420: High Member
May 26, 2009
GREAT SCOTT! THE FINAL POINT!

APC_27_Point_C_by_SoylentRobot.jpg

You may notice ive added a closed in area up on the gantry. I thought it would help break up the monotony of the upper area. Is it a drastic gameplay change? I think not really:
1) Sure, blu could get an engie base in there, but the nearest ammo pack is quite a walk away, through most of red's sightlines.
2) Its very easy for red to arc grenades in there.
3) Likewise, its difficult to fire out of without getting a face full of grenade.
Also, it was a happy accident, but the angle of the skybox light draws the eye towards the final point.

APC_28_Point_C_2_by_SoylentRobot.jpg

With a masterful illusion, i have made the big hole look even bigger, without actually changing the size!
Ive kept this area bare of props, because the fighting will of course be focused here.

APC_29_LAZOR_by_SoylentRobot.jpg

LAZOR
because the rocket was too awkward to put in, too obvious to use, broke up too many sightlines, and made the area feel much smaller than it really was.
Plus, i got to make a weird cradle for the laser, which was fun.

WELL WELL WELL thats the first detail run complete!
The next job is optimising the level, so you wont see any new pictures for a while.

Draco18s

L9: Fashionable Member
Sep 19, 2009
Very nice on the big hole. I enlarged mine as well, though I didn't put in metal grates like you did (though I do have a section I can toggle to put in a broken portion that got a "quick fix" grate--but I don't like it much).

My hole is just wider underneath the floor with a tunnel leading out one side. If you're careful you can swim around in it without dying! (Double jump required, and is rather pointless as if you stop moving you die).

soylent robot

May 26, 2009
Apart from a few little niggles, I'm pretty much finished.
apc_31_lighting_n_stuff_by_soylentrobot-d2xpl9e.jpg

apc_30_skybox_by_soylentrobot-d2xpku9.jpg

It's got fitting lighting and sounds, and a skybox.
Just a few things to fix and then it's done. Posting finished version on September 18th (I'm going to a place with no internet on the 20th)

HOOBOY ITS BEEN FUN FOLKS

J4CK8

L11: Posh Member
Mar 4, 2009
It looks great, I'm guessing one of the things to fix are the fire particles. If not then...they need fixing :p

The small building you added on the gantry at C seems a bit...unsupported, and the walls around C feel a bit bare, but A and B look great and the raygun looks brilliant.

soylent robot

May 26, 2009
It looks great, I'm guessing one of the things to fix are the fire particles. If not then...they need fixing :p

The small building you added on the gantry at C seems a bit...unsupported, and the walls around C feel a bit bare, but A and B look great and the raygun looks brilliant.

Thanks ^^
Yup, i fixed trhe fire now, and the walls are less bare. Its a slightly old picture.
Glad you like the raygun