CP Artpass - DaBeatzProject

Sep 12, 2008
so this is what it looks like ingame:
4901762979_cf51c9a861_b.jpg
4902349056_4eb5e32730_b.jpg
4902349202_1439b29f1a_b.jpg

that's right - it looks really stretched. but it was good practice.

TerabyteST

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 18, 2009
Maybe it looks a bit too realistic, you might smooth those clouds out

Rasputin

L3: Member
Sep 20, 2008
It reminds me of Andy's wallpaper from Toy Story.

Acumen

Annoyer
aa
Jun 11, 2009
i always like the red lighting, if only it would be a tad more contrasty. there's lots of very very shady places. could be due to the bright forums, though...
so just, um, keep on going :)

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
Tasty, but can you make the sky have more depth? You can only see a single color in the sky from those screens. Badlands had lower walls to show more of the sky than the single-color _up texture.

What I did with Wiretap's sky was integrate parts of the Sawmill sky to add some shading to the clouds.

Scotland Tom

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 19, 2008
The call is totally up to you, DaBeatz, but I personally much preferred the hydro-esque lighting. My retinas just aren't comfortable with that amount of redocity.

Sep 12, 2008
Tasty, but can you make the sky have more depth? You can only see a single color in the sky from those screens. Badlands had lower walls to show more of the sky than the single-color _up texture.

What I did with Wiretap's sky was integrate parts of the Sawmill sky to add some shading to the clouds.

Thanks - I was actually going to do this as I really didn't like the top either so I'm gonna do that tomorrow or anytime soon.

Acumen said:
i always like the red lighting, if only it would be a tad more contrasty. there's lots of very very shady places. could be due to the bright forums, though...
so just, um, keep on going :)

Hehe, I'll try to do that, and...

Scotland Tom said:
The call is totally up to you, DaBeatz, but I personally much preferred the hydro-esque lighting. My retinas just aren't comfortable with that amount of redocity.

... I'll try to make the lighting less red-ish.

So what can you expect?
Basically - I'll make a new skybox texture with less purple and a more vivid colouring scheme, but still with the nice sunset in it. I just love sunsets too much! :p

Thanks for the comments guys! Keep 'em coming!

Tinker

aa
Oct 30, 2008
Seeing as sunsets are obviously your forte and this is a DETAILING contest, go with it. I agree with the skybox comments though.