ART PASS CONTEST Custom Models by Ethan K + Acumen

Draco18s

L9: Fashionable Member
Sep 19, 2009
I'd be interested in having an alligator (nice addition to the swamp theme too) to drop into that pit under the final point.

Edit: won't be needing this, treythepunkid said he'd make one for me.

Last edited:

J4CK8

L11: Posh Member
Mar 4, 2009
I'd be interested in having an alligator (nice addition to the swamp theme too) to drop into that pit under the final point.

My original idea for this contest was for the final point to be an alligator pit but using only those cardboard models is a bit odd. Well I've rethought my plans for C anyway now but a 'real' alligator would be nice for the swamp pack.

Mr. P. Kiwi

L5: Dapper Member
Nov 22, 2009
You can wait for the polycount contest things to be available in hammer and use the new sniper' clothing for that

Draco18s

L9: Fashionable Member
Sep 19, 2009
My original idea for this contest was for the final point to be an alligator pit but using only those cardboard models is a bit odd. Well I've rethought my plans for C anyway now but a 'real' alligator would be nice for the swamp pack.

Yeah, I had the cutout used in one other place and didn't like it, so I ditched it. But yeah. Alligator pit = win (why else would falling 15 feet into a pit kill you?).

Also: snakes. Some snakes that could be draped over the corner of a brush or on the ground would be cool.

And some better trees. :-\ The swamp pack has three kinds of tree:
GIANT FREAKING HUGE (no really, you put one outside the blue spawn and it extends above the skybox).
Dead main trunk
Skybox

And none of the standard trees will work in a swampish setting very well.

You can wait for the polycount contest things to be available in hammer and use the new sniper' clothing for that

I suppose, but I think it'll end up looking cheesy, as its only an upper jaw.

Anyway, I'm doing this more for the practice of doing detailing than any real hope of winning the contest, I doubt I'll get around to building a 3D skybox (which I suck at even more than doing map work) and the map badly needs one.

Speaking of skyboxes: I can't get the swamp skies to work. Hammer compiles and tells me that it can't use the texture.
"Error: skybox vtf files for skybox/sky_hurricane_01 weren't compiled with the same size texture and/or the same flags!"

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
I want a large-giant set of logs for my historical logging town, if possible.
I imagine it shouldn't be too hard
Something of this size
Giant%20Fir%20Log.jpg

Except longer would be fun :D

And maybe one of this size
giant%20log.jpg

I'll probably be using them as walls of some sort

UGLYdumpling

L3: Member
May 24, 2010
And behold, these forums are filled with The Knights that say 'Ni'

Shrubbery is my (apprenticing) trade. My name is UGLY The (apprentice) Shrubber.
I arrange, design and release, shrubberies.

Acumen

Annoyer
aa
Jun 11, 2009
Just wanna take a second to state again that this whole thing is about ethan concepting something first and then me modeling it. the concepting part is very important since ethan is eager to get some new portfolio pieces out of this.
Just thought i should make it clear that it's not solely about modeling requests of general stuff.
Felt i had to emphasize that again, since many of you just posted their requests as they went along without having read the first post, obviously.
It's not meant to be harsh but that's just the point of our collaboration. hope you guys and girl understand that :)

Detattol

L1: Registered
Jul 25, 2010
Hey guys, I really need a few models, mine are for the artpass contest, and if you're not too busy, mine may take some work, xD

I'm doing a BLU Base (Which is a shipping company) although the shipping company is acually a front for shipping Nuclear Missiles, And I would like maybe an assembly line, maybe animated, Making the Missiles them selves, the missiles should look like the ones in game,
Little_Missle.jpg

Hopefully this can work!

This is an idea I had, because I need someway to show the Missiles being constructed, so an animated assembly line would be great. Mainly BLU skin, like the pic above, although making the RED skin would be alright for the alternative, =D

My other Request, assuming the first was taken seriously, is that I would like a Crate or Barrel, with Gunpowder spilling out, maybe from a hole in it, or over flowing, For backup props, hopfully you get this message, those props would help a LOT! Thanks

Makar out!

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
My other Request, assuming the first was taken seriously, is that I would like a Crate or Barrel, with Gunpowder spilling out, maybe from a hole in it, or over flowing

Well, what you could do is use a displacement and one of the existing crates or barrel models. There may not be a good texture for gunpowder, but if you make a gunpowder texture (or get one made) it would be a lot less work in comparison. Just an idea. :p

Jetti

L5: Dapper Member
May 2, 2010
Hey, could I requistion a rocking chair? It would work with a lot of themes, such as the Harvest Theme, Swamp Theme, and even the Alpine theme. It should appear hand crafted; makeshift. Kind of like the shelves in Viaduct. If done, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

EDIT: Also, if possible, would I be able to get a clipboard model? Like the one from computer_cart001. This isn't very neccessary. But I don't imagain it would take long.

Last edited: