Arena_lumberjack - By Youme

Chilly

L6: Sharp Member
May 3, 2008
Very nice looking so far, Youme. If you get bored at some point you could even make the doors on the end open and have the railcars slowly move across the yard. Of course, that'd probably look weird without an engine on the front. Perhaps have a train slowly move through randomly, kind of like the trains on cp_freight. Definitely not necessary, but would add a bit more to the gameplay and give a little more ambiance. :)

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Yeah I was looking at the name and thinking it wasnt fantastic.

I quite like lumberjack actually

Feb 14, 2008
arena_pine

arena_forestplant

arena_lumberyar... that's been done.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
I think lumberjack is good, if I'm lucky people will mistake it for lumberyard in their server list and join unknowingly

more players = profit

Open Blade

L420: High Member
Nov 30, 2007
Not sure if it matter to you or not Youme but you may want to think about making an additional game play (cp, ctf, etc) for this map other then arena. I know our clan admins hate arena so much they will not upload any arena maps to server and already have removed the stock arena maps from being in the rotation.

Just a thought.

Open Blade

L420: High Member
Nov 30, 2007
Very nice looking so far, Youme. If you get bored at some point you could even make the doors on the end open and have the railcars slowly move across the yard. Of course, that'd probably look weird without an engine on the front. Perhaps have a train slowly move through randomly, kind of like the trains on cp_freight. Definitely not necessary, but would add a bit more to the gameplay and give a little more ambiance. :)

There are TF engines

props_forest\train_engine_01.mdl
props_vehicles\train_engine.mdl
props_vehicles\train_enginecar.mdl

Last edited:

Chilly

L6: Sharp Member
May 3, 2008
Paul Bunyan's Lumberjack Meals? I'm so going there.

It's incredible. Relatively cheap. You sit down, get a little metal plate, and they bring out platters of food to the lumberjack style tables (long benches). The food (pancakes, bacon, ham, beans, fried chicken, waffles, etc) is acceptable before a long day at one of the dozen waterparks in the area. :)

99X

L1: Registered
Aug 21, 2008
how do you get those good screenshots without a character weapon? cheats on? fly around?

Dec 25, 2007
I put the following command into my autoexec.cfg file (in the tf/config folder):
Code:
bind "F10" "cl_drawhud 0; r_drawviewmodel 0; wait 10; screenshot; wait 10; r_drawviewmodel 1; cl_drawhud 1"

Then, with cheats turned on (I'll usually be noclipping around the map to take screenshots), I just press F10 to get a screenshot without the HUD or weapon.

99X

Aug 21, 2008
I tried spectate mode in my map and it didn't work - is there a setting or camera that needs to be placed to get it to work?

Caspian30

Nov 7, 2008
Sorry to bump an old thread, but is there a beta available for this map?
I searched the map downloads and I couldn't find a link :(

Thanks.