Arena Lighthouse

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
Not sure what's different with KOT, have to hold cap for time instead of arena style?

In KOTH both teams start with a 3 minute timer. When a team captures a point their timer starts to countdown and when the point is reclaimed by the other team their timer pauses.

For example, RED capture the point. Their timer starts ticking down from 3 minutes. BLU capture the point after 30 seconds pausing RED's timer at 2:30 and BLU's timer starts counting down from 3 minutes. So one team must have held the capture point for a total of 3 minutes in order to win the game.

It can become very tense when both team's have 30 seconds left on the clock. :D

@Chilly: Thanks. I'm glad you liked it. I've got a closed-beta version with modified spawn exits so it's impossible for a single person to keep both exits in view thus making it more difficult to spawn camp and I've also increased the respawn timer.

I'll see how it plays when it gets tested tonight. ;)

Fearlezz

L10: Glamorous Member
May 4, 2008
Looks like many vertical battles, keep it up.

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta1dQRKuvMg&fmt=22]Video Flythrough[/ame] :p

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
KOTH Lighthouse Update

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
RC3 Changelog - Released March 1st 2009 - FINAL
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visuals
  • Fixed a few texture problems
  • Fixed a few visual inconsistencies between both sides
Gameplay
  • Moved opening spawn doors closer to spawn
  • Extended right-side exit to prevent easy spawn-camping
  • Added metal mesh along railings to prevent easy sentry spawn-camping
  • Fixed spawn door trigger logic so they don't close when two or more players try to use the doors at once
  • Added medium ammopack in the center of the lower sides

Both maps are now considered as final and finished. Enjoy!

Phobos

L3: Member
Feb 22, 2009
Lighthouse is the most believable, authentic map I've ever seen. I never spent so much time flying around in spectator mode as on this map and after I was done I could have sworn that my lips tasted salty from the coastal air. The sundown lighting, the lighthouse as main attraction, the ambient sounds, the whole layout of the map, everything fits together perfectly. Just excellent work.

I know, the map is final, but maybe you could add a quicklist thumbnail for it for a final polish.

Ezekel

L11: Posh Member
Dec 16, 2008
one minor thing i'd like to suggest for the KOTH version:
could you add timers/countdown clocks similar to the ones in KOTH garbage day, inside the team spawns?
that way a player can know which team is in the lead, and by how much. (pity we can't just make custom UIs, or this sorta thing would be resolved by 2 clocks at the top of the screen)

Zeewier

L9: Fashionable Member
Sep 20, 2008
I would suggest a different option for KOTH:
(PM/Steam msg me for the prefab)

For each 5 seconds you control the CP get 1 point: Victory conditions: first to reach 150 points wins. Or the team with most points after 15 minutes. (in the very rare case of a draw, the team that won the last point wins).

And the points are shown in the hud.

This is what I currently have in a prefab.

It's possbile to make this with additional points for the amount of cappers on the cp. (with a limit of 3 extra points) To award players for staying on the CP, and not only come back when it's being captured by the enemy.