Aqueous

CP Aqueous a7

ClandestinePz

L1: Registered
Aug 16, 2009
For my next map I decided to challenge myself, both by entering a contest and by trying to make an unorthodox design viable. I chose to make my map centered around the use of water in terms of gameplay and theme.

The basic premise of my map is that an underground base that has been flooded by heavy rainfall. Its pretty ugly right now but I have some good ideas for prettying it up. Each point in the map involves some sort of water element and I'm hoping it will test well.

BEHOLD AQUEOUS!

Lol, I forgot to mention its a push map.

Last edited:

red_flame586

L420: High Member
Apr 19, 2009
Water game play is terrible for pyros. Make sure to incorporate for every class, otherwise players who like to play pyro won't like your map. It's also very good for spies who can easily dive into the water and hide to get away, make sure to be able to cover this as well.
Also, brave move making an unorthodox map design for a contest. A lesser man would call you insane. On a serious note, water maps do have problems with design (I dropped a map design that I quite liked because it had to much water in it (much less than this map)), so it'll be interesting to see how this turns out.

crisscross

Mar 11, 2011
Cool idea.new to tf2maps, but i play low comp tf2. Was just thinking it seems really open and bland. If there were some more height variance from left side (defending viewpoint) to right side, i think it would make it more interesting, same for the room going from 4th-->last attacking, in the center. There doesn't seem to be much point in it besides a sniper/sentry perch. if you raised it to give more height advtg, and put in a catwalk (kindalike cp_obscure) or suspended platform above the point i think it would function better. The only other thing i really want to change would be that you have a ceiling at middle. I like how the connections between points are small, and force chokes, but having a ceiling at mid really just limits jumping. Sorry if my criticism is out of line, stupid or noobish :p thanks for reading if you did

Last edited:

ClandestinePz

Aug 16, 2009
bump for A5

Raise your water scale! For an all water map, this is especially a must.

I was supposed to fix that this version, but I forgot about 8 times. It will definitely be in the next version. Speaking of which, I think the next version will focus heavily on detailing and optimization.