CTF Anchor a3

An invade CTF map

1. PyroDevil

PyroDevil L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Invade CTF
    Both teams need to take the bomb and deliver it to the enemy base. The intel gives health and ammo to the carrier and the teammates around them. When the carrier enter the building with the capture point, alarms go off. When the intel is delivered, a explosion is triggered killing everyone and all buildings in the radius.

To do
    Find submarine models for both red and blu

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  2. Kill_the_Bug

Kill_the_Bug L14: Epic Member

Positive Ratings:
    Looks like fun!

3. Moonrat

aa Moonrat The end of an era

Positive Ratings:
    The problem with this map was that it was practically impossible for either team to cap the flag. The cap zone is extremely one sided for the defenders, and while I understand that from a gameplay perspective, it makes it near impossible to cap. Maybe you should make the cap zone less defensible, and instead make the map longer so that the attacking team has more ground to cover. I don't know if this would help later versions, but it's what I think would work....

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. PyroDevil

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah, that is one of the problems I tried to improve throughout the 72h contest, and it seems that it is improved slightly from the previous versions. I plan on redesigning the capture building. I'm not entirely satisfied with it. I may also add some more distance between the mid and the cap.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
  5. PyroDevil

Positive Ratings:
    Rise my map! I'm bringing this map back from the dead. Why? Reasons.
    Since my last version was detailed (sort of) I decided to change things back to dev textures for testing purposes.
    So a1, not to be confused with _72_a1
    Dropbox

Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
  6. Bunbun

aa Bunbun Gay sex slave

Positive Ratings:
    I really like this map, i would like to see you get it detailed.

7. PyroDevil

Positive Ratings:
    New version
    a2
    Changes

8. PyroDevil

Positive Ratings:
    So, I was going to release the next version, but then had an idea. I thought it would probably be best to find something out about the map. In a couple of imps, there has been conflicting views on the bomb's dispenser. Some people like it, saying it rewards teams sticking together by healing, but not enough for one person to take out the entire team. Others say that it's overpowered, giving too much health. I wanted to know what the majority was on this subject, seeing that I wanted to release an improved version. (Also sorry about the nobuild at the cap. It was supposed to be disabled and only be enabled for the explosion. I've already fixed it.)

Edit- I'm also adding a "mercy" system in the next version, which I hope will help people clear the enemy out of their base.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
  9. PyroDevil

Positive Ratings:
    New Version is out! Sorry this took so long.

10. Kingdom

Kingdom L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I'm not sure if this will be of any help to you, but I thought that I'd mention that Crash made a really cool submarine (though it was out of brushes) for his 72 map a while back. I remember seeing it during his stream and i'm sure there is a vod somewhere of it.

• Thanks Thanks x 1