1. Hey there Guest,

The game servers have moved to semi-dedicated hardware and IPs have changed. Please see front page server widget for up-to-date game server information.

All my textures are black

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by ScorpioUprising, May 16, 2012.

1. ScorpioUprising

aa ScorpioUprising

Positive Ratings:
  2. fubarFX

aa fubarFX The "raw" in "nodraw"

Positive Ratings:
    make sure to check your lightmap view to make sure everything is normal in there and double check your compile options. it would also be worthwhile to check the compile log for anything weird in the vrad section

3. ScorpioUprising

aa ScorpioUprising

Positive Ratings:
    Is this what lightmap is supposed to look like in game? http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3492731/spacesaver/dafuq.jpg

If not, then the problem is a setting with hammer generally. For some reason, any map I load has these really dark lightmaps. :< Checked compile log, nothing too weird came up in rad. Checked interlopers and had these two issues crop up that don't seem related but:

make_triangles:calc_triangle_representation: cannot convert

material nature/blendgroundtograss002 uses unknown detail object type tf_cattail!

4. Sel

Sel Banned

Positive Ratings:
    Have you tried sending the vmf to someone else (or using a different computer), and getting them to compile it, to determine whether it's an issue that might be related to your game files?

Last edited: May 16, 2012
  5. Blade x64

aa Blade x64 Logical insanity

Positive Ratings:
    Looks like the light props are the culprits to me. Try moving the light entities out of the props collision mesh or disabling shadows on the light props.

6. bob+M|M+

bob+M|M+ L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    I've encountered and solved this problem a few times now. From what I've seen, it's due to odd-shaped func_details overlapping each other/world brushes in an off-the-grid manner (IE less than 1 unit). In one case it was due to a func_detail spiral stair-case where the verticies in the center were not aligned and all overlapping each other by less than 1 unit. Another case was a square-with-a-cylinder-cut-out-of-the-middle func_detail slightly overlapping a square-with-a-cylinder-cut-out-of-the-middle world brush. Another case was also due to spiral func_details. Hope that helps.

• Thanks Thanks x 2