1. Hey there Guest,

The game servers have moved to semi-dedicated hardware and IPs have changed. Please see front page server widget for up-to-date game server information.

A Two Team Spawn Set Up Gone Wrong

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Kill_the_Bug, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Kill_the_Bug

aa Kill_the_Bug

Positive Ratings:
    Hi

Searched around the forums already but can’t find the answer.

Have referenced to goldwater set up for mine and have it 95% working right with the exception of the very last part.

I’m trying to use the same spawn room for both teams – typing out some of stuff in case other new people want to do the same:

-------------

On Map Start:

Blue Spawn 1

Both_team_spawn (the spawn room that both teams want to use)
    - set team to red

Red 2nd Spawn (the spawn where red will spawn once team control in the room above is switched)

-----------

Round Starts

Cart goes to point x

- On pass – kill – Red_gate_trigger, activate blue_gate_trigger (resets gate control of the spawn room to blue team)

- On pass - respawn viz team filter changes over from red to blue (associated spawn room = Both_team_spawn – you are locking out the bad guys) because of the next line

- On Pass – Room Control set to team 3 (as per goldrush coding) – Red team now starts to spawn in Red 2nd Spawn

- On pass – activate – red_red_team killer to kill any red still in room

- On Pass Disable Blue Spawn 1
    ---------------

Now that’s where I’m running into the problem – everything works just great, but, when the Both_team_spawn goes from red to blue control and I disable the first blue room – blue team spawns inside red’s 2nd spawn room even though I have everything that room coded to red.

What’s the last part of the steps to complete it or get it working? Which command am I missing? Any ideas?

2. Kill_the_Bug

aa Kill_the_Bug

Positive Ratings:
    Ok I have figured it out - it's a little tricky so what I'll do tomorrow is put down the solution here and upload a bsp / vmf for people to DL

Edit: Hi - Sorry for the delay in getting the map out there for you people who may be waiting to see this. I had a funeral veiwing to go to and anther funeral on Friday - will try to get it done by the weekend.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
  3. Kill_the_Bug

aa Kill_the_Bug

Positive Ratings: