A Sticky problem - my map is crashing and I don't know why.

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Haroldinium, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Haroldinium

Haroldinium L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    My map seems to be crashing the game when sticky's are used in a particular area. this areas has nothing special about it to my understanding. If anyone can help me out, watch the video I've made and see if you can think what's wrong with it

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGAPVs0QY1Q"]YouTube- A sticky problem - TF2 custom map crash with stickys.[/ame]

NOTE: Sorry I'm talking so quietly and mumbling. this is my first video using fraps...

2. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    Your displacements are probably too vertex-dense. Most likely you are using power 4 displacements. There are issues with physical collisions and dense vertices, and ragdolls, grenades and stickies are the only prevalent physics objects.

Easiest way to fix it would be to turn the power down to 3, which is probably good anyway because it looks a little too uneven and overdisplaced.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Haroldinium

Haroldinium L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Yep, that completely solved the problem. thank you very much indeed!

4. Dr. ROCKZO

Dr. ROCKZO L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Wow, a 6 minute video was made for this? Congratulations on your dedication.

5. XFunc_CaRteR

XFunc_CaRteR L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    Try editing your video down to get to the point...

6. Lancey

aa Lancey Currently On: ?????

Positive Ratings:
    Also, off the subject of the crash, your map is far too dark for Team Fortress 2. Add some hanging lamps, streetlights, floodlights, everything so that it's bright as day on the ground.