Followed through with all the things I said I would push by this version, also consulted a few people with different levels of vision impairment to help tweak the map
- raised the mid point up by roughly 50 h/u to prevent direct line of site from extremely far back
- replaced all the greenscreen textures with a less saturated one
- added some props in front of the green screens behind cliff to make players stand out more
- adjusted the middle ledge geometry so it no longer juts...
A King of The Hill Map Created For Highlander
NO MORE DEV TEXTURES
still some floating nodraws here and there, but they'll be all gone by b6 which I aim to have released by next friday
- removed all dev textures
- removed the mesh fence near under's entrace
- tweaked the cover and batts around the left side of house to make the area feel more 3D and provide more decloak spots for spy
- reworked the cover where the truck used to be
- reworked the cover outside the spawn
- clipped off the lamp in pocket
Small update, just wanted to fix a few things I had missed in b5
- aligned the skybox correctly
- further decorated the skybox
- clipped the railing in unders
- extended the building outside of the left spawn exit to help with performace
- added area portals to the left and middle connectors
- Added a 3d skybox. Its not complete but I wanted to push one out so the map looked less poo
- Deatiled the ramps leading into unders
- Detailed the walls around spawn
- Few clipping fixes
- Z fighting fixes
- Fixed some overlays not showing on some brushes
PROBLEMS IM AWARE OF
- the murals at spawn are broken
- i packed my hud into the map
Niro thanked this.
- Converted the walls at mid to brushes to be more consistent and make players more aware of where they can and cannot climb
- Changed the walls around the dumpster to prevent players from hiding so easily
- Replaced the...
- Fixed clipping
- Started detailing spawns
- Adjusted a lot of pre-existing details to accommodate for new details
- Spawn and spawn connectors have been completely redone
- Blue and Red's themes have been redone with Blue now being the moon and Red being a western
- Reworked the overhang on the left rollout to make demo rollouts a little easier
- Adjusted a lot of fences around spawn
- Raised right...
- Wow, lots of feedback since b4!
- Thanks again to raze, omni, core and everyone in au hl mercs discord for helping shape the map!
- Fixed a few incosistencies
- edited the main route from spawn to remove a cheeky sightline
- added a shelf in house for spies to hide on (im aware its incosistent on either side, I kinda got everything pushed before I realised; this will be fixed in b4c)
- removed most...
- adjusted some clipping and block bullets
- added more cover leading to mid
- flipped the wall near the pack under catwalk
- added a rock leading to point to add cover
- raised the wooden walls at mid
- made the house windows flush
- We're back in action; decided to finally push b4 out the gates
- Added a few new posters
- Completely reworked the catwalk making it now run through the house instead of around it
- Reworked the inside of house to accompany the new catwalk
- Removed dropdown that led to unders
- Made the cliffs at mid flat instead of slanted
- Made it easier to navigate your way onto the mid cliffs
- Started nodraw-ing the outside of the map and working on general optimisation
- fixed some clipping at spawn
- Magnetised and Stunk the map up
- Gave Doc a home
QLAKD-Jif thanked this.
- Sloped the cutaway on mid so jumping across the highground as soldier is easier
- Added a new dropdown into unders on the rightside (this is an extreme change and one I'm willing to undo if people find to be a downgrade so feedback here is...
Page 1 of 2