1. Hey there Guest,

The game servers have moved to semi-dedicated hardware and IPs have changed. Please see front page server widget for up-to-date game server information.

Yet Another "Is This Possible?"

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by ParanoidDrone, Jun 19, 2009.

1. ParanoidDrone

ParanoidDrone L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    I wanted to include a pretty clockwork thing in the floor of my map (which I have officially scrapped and restarted 3 times so far), sort of like a compass. This got me thinking that compasses point to something, so why not make it point towards the intelligence, just like in the HUD? Only problem is I'm not sure how to do it, or if it's even possible. I know you can point certain entities towards certain objects, but I'm not sure if the pointing will work properly with a moving intelligence case. (Or if you can even point brushes like this in the first place, since I'll probably use func_detail brushes as the needles.)

2. zpqrei

aa zpqrei Theme Changer Extraordinaire

Positive Ratings:
    It's possible in the same way that GRIM's dustribute HUD is possible, but very hard to implement.

3. Void

aa Void Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say

Positive Ratings:
    I'm sure Booj would know.

Boojum, deary, help the lad out.

4. ParanoidDrone

ParanoidDrone L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    *begins incantation to summon Boojum*

5. Yourself

Yourself L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Well, a logic_lineto entity is capable of outputting a vector pointing from one point to another and will output that vector every time it changes. Unfortunately I don't know what entity would accept this vector as an input, if any. Looking at it, logic_lineto seems mostly useless since you can't really do anything with its output as far as I can see.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2009