Xylophone

KotH Xylophone a4a

clippy605

L1: Registered
Aug 27, 2023
clippy605 submitted a new resource:

koth_Xylophone - A tight/back-alley feeling map with several approaches to an open space in the centre.

Xylophone is a tight KOTH map mostly intended for me to learn the hammer editor.

The map is in a very early stage where the layout has a very high chance of changing. At this point, Xylophone needs playtesting to see how to evolve it.

Read more about this resource...

clippy605

Aug 27, 2023
Currently Known Issues/Concerns:
  1. Soldier and Demoman have way too big of an advantage across most of the map
  2. Little back and forth (one team usually takes the high ground and that's the end of it)

If anyone has any suggestions, please post them! This is still my first map that's reached a point of sharing it and I'd appreciate any advice.

Last edited:

clippy605

Aug 27, 2023
For those who might be keeping track with Xylophone's development, I wanted to give a heads up on the current direction and what's going through my head with it. With the feedback I got for both A1 and A2, it's pretty clear there's an issue with Xylophone's layout and concept that no amount of small changes is going to correct. A3 is going to be quite a ways off as I go back to the drawing board and I fully expect A3 to be a massive swing in design from what is currently here.

Probably going to be a while before the next version is released. Thank you to everyone who's tried it out so far!

clippy605

Aug 27, 2023
clippy605 updated Xylophone with a new update entry:

A4a

Changelog​

• New route to the roof above the cap
  • Altered courtyard outside spawn
  • Reduced cap time
  • Redesigned inside of the building behind the cap

So, why not A3? Because that version sucked and didn't work. When I said I was taking a big swing in changing up the map, I had plans for ripping the map apart and effectively starting over from scratch. I didn't really like it, so A4 rolled back to A2 and reworked from there. Hopefully, the...

Read the rest of this update entry...