Model WIP Logging Truck

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Start doing your renders in TF2 or in HLMV otherwise your models are just gunna look a horrible matte colour due to the unique way tf2's shaders are set up.

There is no way we can properly critique your colour usage and material quality until you give us properly rendered images.

Tapp

L10: Glamorous Member
Jan 26, 2009
I know it's a bit late, but that arm doesn't look very supported. For something designed to be lifting trees/logs, it looks pretty flimsy.

Equinoxo

L2: Junior Member
Feb 1, 2009
It's never too late! I do plan on releasing an updated version of this at some point.

However... The arm looks even flimsier in the reference image I used
LoggingTruck01.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2009
Looking good, but it could be even better !

Ithink the model could be a little less 'flat', especially compared to your reference pic, maybe scale up 25% on the vertical axis and/or narrow it down a bit.

The team colors look somewhat wrong, though : too bright and a bit too saturated, look at Valve's truck model for reference if you must. RED's truck should be more brownish than flashing bright red, BLU's truck should be somewhat more teal in color and definitely darker. The neutral orange truck is looking alright.

J4CK8

L11: Posh Member
Mar 4, 2009
I'm hoping to use the RED and BLU version of this truck in my artpass entry if that's OK, credit will of course be given, however I noticed that the backwheels on the left hand side are oddly textured...
artpass_j4ck8_b40009.jpg

It's different to that on the other wheels...But other than that, great work.

Last edited:

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
Download link is very broken and someone in chat wanted it so here it is rehosted:

-snip-

Equinoxo rehosted it in main thread.

Last edited:

Equinoxo

L2: Junior Member
Feb 1, 2009
Thanks for the rehost and the heads up, Aly (and harribo for giving me a heads up on the heads up)!
I've updated the first post and I managed to dig up the old zip I originally posted way back and hosted that on my own DB. I also apologise for being incredibly neglectful on the matter.

I mentioned it in the post update, but I'll say it again here: I strongly recommend to anyone interested in this truck to use the version included in the Construction Pack, as it is a more refined and polished version of the same model (if you need the crane for it, just use the one included with the original Logging Truck itself).

:)