WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

Popo

L1: Registered
Jun 13, 2009
Hey, just wondering, is this a good place to post overhead sketches of maps? Or would that be better suited in its own thread?

Last edited:

Popo

Jun 13, 2009
Cheers.

54ume.jpg

This is the first stage, containing an overhead view. The style, or aim of this map is a tiny island in the middle of the ocean which is host to a secret doomsday device of RED and naturally BLU is keen to stop said doomsday device from operating and so launches an attack in their submarine. The first stage therefore is from the submarine's arrival in the underground docking system of the island, and the attack from this to gain access to RED's lift up to the surface.

Popo

Jun 13, 2009
Cheers, yeah the CPs are a tad large, theyre just placeholders but I'll take that into account thanks. And generally, the stairs all lead from left to right. Except for the CP 2 stairs, which lead in a way that players will move down vertically

Time

Mar 19, 2009
Cheers.

54ume.jpg

This is the first stage, containing an overhead view. The style, or aim of this map is a tiny island in the middle of the ocean which is host to a secret doomsday device of RED and naturally BLU is keen to stop said doomsday device from operating and so launches an attack in their submarine. The first stage therefore is from the submarine's arrival in the underground docking system of the island, and the attack from this to gain access to RED's lift up to the surface.

Looks amazing! I envy you. :p

Jack Riguel

L10: Glamorous Member
Jul 19, 2009

I hope you're gonna provide with more cover for blu's spawn. Right now it appears that all three exits are easily watchable by a class standing in the area immediately outside of it. You might wanna move some of those spawn doors around a bit to provide more diverse exit points that could provide more cover, like in pl_badwater.

Popo

Jun 13, 2009
Shifted the doors around a bit, added a fourth one. Also added a rock ala Badwater's to limit visibility.

ptNy8.jpg

Arhurt

L6: Sharp Member
May 7, 2008
Only close? :O

It looks groovy man, get a thread up!

Thing is this is a studio exclusive for now :D A thread must contain a download link, otherwise it's a souless thread, and abomination!

<thread derail>

Derailing once more, playtesting with real people sitting side y side is something everyone should do one day!

</thread derail>

HeaH

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Oct 2, 2008
I think your map looks kinda cramped Arhurt. That cap point zone is really tiny

Arhurt

L6: Sharp Member
May 7, 2008
I think your map looks kinda cramped Arhurt. That cap point zone is really tiny

It's okay, I'm not afraid to change things :D actually, the way it's designed right noe expanding the cap point is as simple as extruding faces in max (bad analogy lol)

Since my playerbase is very low (we usuallt run teams of 5 to 6) the small map works like a charm.

One of our objectives with this map was to take the fight a little bit away from the Control Point and play with it in the areas around the map. The train seen on the shots actually runs over the CP from time to time to encourage players out of there \o/

I'll leave these things to discuss on it's own thread when we can all play with it. I've talked with the guys and we just want to polish it a little bit more before releasing.

Thanks for the feedback.

Feb 14, 2008
It's great to have real industry professionals working together on a map :)