WiP CTF_TheLimit

Status
Not open for further replies.

TotalMark

L6: Sharp Member
Feb 13, 2008
I thought about making a Red laser setup look portable or temporary. Like they'd be a little metal standup tripod device that had "emitters" on it.

I'll try both things.

Colt Seavers

Dec 30, 2007
Ok, well I ran it on the main Playground server tonight.

The first thing to say is that people liked the look of it. The second is it needs a sniper block in places - or a server side restrict and thats never great. the line of sight is so huge imo. it's quite a journey to survive with snipers along the way, and to say people were confused by the mine field is an understatement :lol: they loved the lasers - so i don't think it's the 'hazard' thats a bad idea - just the covert nature of the minefield for mr average.

Generally, I thought it had promise. I always enjoy a single intel ctf - can creat some epic battles with pushes and so on. In my still quite uninformed opinon (1 match isnt enough ;) ) I'd say it would benefit from being smaller. We had 12v12 and it was quite a trek and very hard to not have a spread out disorganised team - when our server is full of regs who tend to get organised (well, mostly :p)

Looking forward to seeing how it plays over the next few days - but i'm going to have to add a server side sniper restrict to 1 per team i think.

Keep it up

Colt

ryodoan

Resident Bum
Nov 2, 2007
Thats pretty cool, whats all the info on the laser fields?

Are they instantly deadly?
Do they only partially hurt someone?
Is there some way to disable them? or are they always on?

Colt Seavers

Dec 30, 2007
looking good :cool: Cant miss that ;)

Re Snipers - should have taken you a screeniy but basically in the middle outside 'cavern run' the snipers were all edged around the upper levels looking through the map.

TotalMark

Feb 13, 2008
Okay, so the warehouse area is the deadliest part of the map?

Hmm... Maybe if I roofed off some of that area...

...and the laser fields, I know env_beam has a setting for damage, but I felt a trigger_hurt would be less labor intensive for the server. It will kill any opposite player on contact. If I could find a way for the engineers to repair it, I'd make them destroy-able. They're meant to block the middle alley so you can't just run down there in a straight line.

TotalMark

Feb 13, 2008
Okay the next beta I will release two versions of, one a little shorter than the other.
The areas in green would be eliminated or shortened. The purple are some tunnel extensions I'd add.
CTF_thelimitrevisions.jpg

Colt Seavers

Dec 30, 2007
strikes me you're getting it spot on removing the sections you suggest. can't wait to play again.

btw - i've continued to select the map for test every so often. It's definitely got potential, so here's to releasing that to its full! :D got a working sniper restrict on it now too :D

R3dRuM

Feb 13, 2008
Mark, from running around you map i can obviously see you RIPPED alot of stuff from 2fort.

Respect others work - Do not: decompile/change/release another mappers work. This hurts the community as a whole as well as the mappers who spent months into their creations.

Read the rules: http://forums.tf2maps.net/announcement.php?f=13

Yours:

untitled1.PNG

4.PNG

Valves:

untitled2.PNG

5.PNG

Last edited:

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
TotalMark, please pm me with a link to your .vmf file so i can verify nothing was ripped from valves official 2Fort release.

Thank you.

ps. im closing this thread until then.

Status
Not open for further replies.