[wip] cp_hostile

Discussion in 'WIP (Work in Progress)' started by JTG, Jan 15, 2008.

1. JTG

JTG L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Hey, everyone.

After much work, I've decided to change my map from a ctf map to a cp map, so I am starting a new thread to relay information.

There will be three CP points, one in each team's train yard and one in the courtyard (which is "shared" by both sides). None of them will be "locked" allowing players to capture them in any order.

Here are some screenshots of the new/revamped areas:

[​IMG]
    This is just outside the garage on the red side.

[​IMG]
    More of this garage. Lighting needs tweaking.

[​IMG]
    More garage.

[​IMG]
    View of the trainyard.

2. JTG

Positive Ratings:
    Here are some more screenshots:

[​IMG]
    More train yard. That's a spawn exit on the left.

[​IMG]
    Train yard from the balcony.

[​IMG]
    More train yard...

[​IMG]
    This is a weird area. It needs some detail work. Base of walls looks weird to me.

3. JTG

Positive Ratings:
    [​IMG]
    This is the "courtyard" that connects the two train yards. I haven't started working on in quite yet beyond the layout. There will be a building in the center with the cp inside.

4. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    The last screen is too dark, the weapon in your hand should never be black like that.
    In the first two screens, there are patches on the wall which are way too bright.
    You need some point_spotlights in there.
    The chicken wire texture should be scaled no larger than 0.1, you have it at the default 0.25(I think)
    The concrete ground texture looks like you've scaled it up too much.
    Other than those, looks pretty nice :)

5. phatal

phatal L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Looks really good even with above mentioned. Looks like you are still working on it so kinda early to get real specific.

1 question though... are those street lamps inside the building? They look a little out of place.

6. Voztron

Voztron L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Love the internal shots, looks like its going to be a nice looking map. You need to clean up the outside though, I assume thats what you are going to work most on? :)

7. DrHaphazard

DrHaphazard L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    Looking pretty good JTG. I assume you'll be using displacements to spruce up your exterior stuff? Heh I didn't even know about displacements until a couple days ago, but it works wonders for doing terrain.