winter_ridge_b2

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by 3Check, Dec 20, 2009.

1. 3Check

3Check L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Here's my first serious release, a snowy KOTH map titled winter ridge. Just looking for some constructive criticisms, or feedback from people who have actually got a game going on it to make sure the play mechanics are steady. Would love to push for a B3 if it would be worth it.

2. Washipato

Washipato L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    It looks very nice. I will give it a look

3. absurdistof

aa absurdistof

Positive Ratings:
    Fix up some of the textures on those displacements. They're gorgeous but the textures are really stretched.

4. 3Check

Positive Ratings:
    I would like to do some work on the displacements themselves also. Think that's most of the problem. But the idea is down at least. Now is it playable?

Last edited: Dec 20, 2009
  5. FaTony

FaTony Banned

Positive Ratings:
  6. Nutomic

Nutomic L11: Posh Member

Positive Ratings:
    Looks really good, besides the displacement textures. But you should really set your settings up for screenshots, nobody will see the lag there.

7. Exist

Exist L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    I want that sky box, it looks like part of WoW

8. 3Check

Positive Ratings:
  9. KarmaKaze

KarmaKaze L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Haven't been able to get a game going on this one yet but I did do a walk thru and noticed a few things.
    --couple of missing textures on the Deer head and mushrooms in the lower middle section
    --the arches have an ugly seam near their top...prob easily fixed by just sewing that seam properly
    --we had one instance where the left RED spawn door on the lower resupply room got stuck open
    --the gate on the one way door in the middle base sticks thru the deck above and below
    --one other thought we had was that you might want to differentiate the two bases a little more...even some team colored trim work might help...or some more team colored signs...it was fairly easy to get turned around and not know what base you were headed toward

Nothing major. Hoping to get a round or two played on this soon....will give some feedback from that.