White Valley

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by psihomir, Jun 22, 2009.

1. psihomir

psihomir L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Well, it took me a while, but I finally managed to finish it - or close to that, at least :) The only things that need to be fixed ATM are some details on stage 3, as well as some minor bugs - a cutoff tree in stage 1, some minor spawn problems on stage 3, etc. Those will be addressed in the next days, I'm too sleepy now after a playtest...

So anyway, I'd love to see your thoughts on this. Cheers!

Some more pics:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 12, 2009
  2. Joeberto

Joeberto L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Nice. Are the did you make the custom trees?

3. psihomir

Positive Ratings:
    The trees are just brushwork. I started this map way back before Valve released the Alpine theme, and I had to make my own, and stuck with them since then. I'll probably turn them into props eventually, if I get around to that :D

Right now I'm fighting the horrid tjuncs error... this turned out to be too big for a first project and I messed up the optimization somewhat, hitting the engine's limits for some stuff - if anyone has found a solution to the tjuncs error, please let me know, as cutting huge amounts of func_detail didn't seem to help, so right now the map's compiled with -notjuncs

4. Hanz

aa Hanz Ravin' Rabbid

Positive Ratings:
    Oh, pics looking good, will you submit it on gameday? :D

And yea, I'd change the trees to props, they are not fitting good imo. :)

5. psihomir

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah I'll probably submit it for gameday. I wanna clear out some minor stuff first.

6. (-TN-) Ben2

(-TN-) Ben2 L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    its looknig good so far

7. XNinjaSmokeX

XNinjaSmokeX L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Map caught my attention by being Snowy. i never seen a map like that ( probably alot more but never seen one )

it looks like gameplay will function. i just wanna have a test run with a good amount of people in a room to review it well. if it runs on a server i'll play

and for Minor detail. add snowing weather i think it'll look swell, and the trees look.. weird

8. psihomir

Positive Ratings: