Weird floating brush

• If you're asking a question make sure to set the thread type to be a question!

SparkyShock

L3: Member
Feb 6, 2016
For no reason, a weird floating brush is above my point and I cant find a way to destroy it. I tried func_detailing some things around it but nothing works.
20160907212933_1.jpg 20160907212949_1.jpg 20160907212929_1.jpg As you see it is there on my point.
Capture.PNG But in hammer it is not there.

nickybakes

You should've played Rumbleverse
aa
Jul 28, 2015
Click Map > Check For Problems (or press alt + P). Anything like an "Invalid Solid" or something like that?

PevWolf

Un-Notable Member
Sep 20, 2015
I had something similar to this a little bit ago. I see that on your roof you have created slopes, and then rotated them. It's just that hammer is old and doesn't want to deal with those types of things. Try straightening out those slopes (making sure they're not rotated) and see what that does. The brush should go away.

SparkyShock

Feb 6, 2016
I had something similar to this a little bit ago. I see that on your roof you have created slopes, and then rotated them. It's just that hammer is old and doesn't want to deal with those types of things. Try straightening out those slopes (making sure they're not rotated) and see what that does. The brush should go away.
Actually, they arent rotated, i manually clipped them
When i replaced my cover that i deleted, the brush turned into a smaller one. So maybe i should redo some brushes

PevWolf

Un-Notable Member
Sep 20, 2015
That would probably be best.
Hammer hates add shapes like that.
The smoother the better.

Btw, nice clipping job. If that's not rotated, it's so well done it fooled me.

SparkyShock

Feb 6, 2016
The smoother the better.

Thank you sir, didnt really take long, just made sure the units were even

SparkyShock

Feb 6, 2016
The smoother the better.

Maybe its the broken roof, lots of clips could of messed with hammer

SparkyShock

Feb 6, 2016
Okay, i have somehow made the weird brush smaller. I think it is me clipping brushes Hammer doesnt want clipped. 20160907223217_1.jpgSo i bill just make a simpler hole in the roof

SparkyShock

Feb 6, 2016
I found the problem, because the roof was slanted, and had all those cuts, I guess the game didn't like it. So I just removed it