Watershed

Slainchild

L1: Registered
May 31, 2009
I can tell you it's certainly not his first map ever :p

I just had a small 1v1 with a friend of mine so I can't say a whole lot about the layout. Seemed perfectly fine to me, however that could be subject to change if you throw in a couple more players.

I did run into a problem while playing as the Engineer.

As seen in that picture you can place a sentry on top of the rock leaning against that small shack. The problem with this is the Sentry is in a perfect location that looks over the whole right side of that section and is hard to attack without getting shot to a billion pieces and then blown up. Another thing about this spot is the full ammo crate is about a two second distance from the Sentry and has a 10 second spawn on it.

I'm not sure about the pickup placement on this map as well. You have a full health, full ammo, and small health pickup all within about 5 seconds of each other right outside of each base. There doesn't seem to be much risk of obtaining these and they are on the quickest route from base to base. I think it would be good to move some of these out to the side paths to help promote players to explore.

Lastly there is a set of stairs in the blu base that doesn't have a player clip on it. (All though I think you've already fixed that?)

The level so far is looking great and I can't wait to play this with more people. Good to see you're making a map for TF2;)

Thanks a lot! Yeah I'll have to do something about that sentry position.. hmm. Is there a way of simply blocking certain areas from building on in TF2, a brush or something? Ammo and health placement wasn't thought through much when I placed it so it's fair enough you mention that. I'll move it around and try and make it more balanced for the next version.

Player clips should be fixed in the next version too. :)

Thanks again!

Slainchild

May 31, 2009
Alright, I've added some func_nobuild brushes around those rocks to prevent stuff being built there. ;)

Slainchild

May 31, 2009
Updated with alpha 6, everything is in the first post.

Again, could an admin or mod please change the thread title? Thanks. :)

Bonesinger

Aug 20, 2009
When the game starts the console is flooded with
Code:
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_forest/shrub_03c.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_forest/shrub_03_cluster.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_forest/shrub_03b.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_forest/shrub_03b.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_foliage/shrub_03_cluster02.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_foliage/shrub_03c.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_farm/tools_shovel.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_mining/track_straight_256.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_mining/track_straight_256.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_mining/track_arc_90degree_256.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_mining/track_straight_128.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_mining/track_straight_64.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_mining/track_straight_64.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_mining/track_arc_90degree_256.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_mining/track_straight_128.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_mining/ceiling_pipe05_thin.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_mining/ceiling_pipe05_thin.mdl)

The only other thing I saw was that the windows on the blu base had the null texture

Slainchild

May 31, 2009
When the game starts the console is flooded with
Code:
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_forest/shrub_03c.mdl)
etc

The only other thing I saw was that the windows on the blu base had the null texture

Shouldn't be much of a problem to fix the prop errors, and it looks like I forgot to add the window texture to the .bsp file (I just made the wooden ones from the red side look like metal).

Thanks. :)