PL WaterCity [Provisional Title] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
We tried to play this map. The skybox was missing resulting in the skybox repeating the last frame on the screen. It was unplayable.

Be sure to pack your custom content, then test it on your own computer while running the sv_pure 2 command. Then again, for a map this early in development, get a default skybox. There's plenty of them to choose from.

TMB

Banned
Jun 7, 2015
We tried to play this map. The skybox was missing resulting in the skybox repeating the last frame on the screen. It was unplayable.

Be sure to pack your custom content, then test it on your own computer while running the sv_pure 2 command. Then again, for a map this early in development, get a default skybox. There's plenty of them to choose from.
First, this is the skybox that i want, and second, i know, i forget pack that version, actually im making the a4 version and ill pack it.

Viemärirotta

sniffer
aa
Feb 5, 2016
Did you repack or pack?

Repacking is compressing the map file size (I do it via in-game console "bsp_repack maps/cp_bottleneck_a3.bsp maps/cp_bottleneck_a3.bsp" in your case that would be maps/pl_watercity_a4. Just do it without the ".)

Packing is a different process. There are multiple ways though. You can go with bspzip, the one that comes with Source SDK (I think), however I recommend either CompilePal or VIDE (CompilePal can trigger your antimalware software, did for me with F-Secure, it's basically a GUI for the compiling process so you use the vmf to compile and pack.) I use VIDE myself though, has a lot of useful things including a modified version of Pakrat. There's a guide here how to pack using VIDE either automatically or manually.

If you don't want to pack your maps at this stage, just use things that come with the game for now. Nobody wants to play a map with unpacked content. If that happens during an impromptu test or a gameday, most likely your map will be skipped.

TMB

Banned
Jun 7, 2015
This download has been removed and is no longer available for download.

Status
Not open for further replies.