1. Hey there Guest,

The game servers have moved to semi-dedicated hardware and IPs have changed. Please see front page server widget for up-to-date game server information.

Warehouse (PH)

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by Geit, Aug 29, 2009.

1. Geit

aa Geit 💜 I probably broke it 💜

Positive Ratings:
    The original TF2 prophunt map, and also the most developed;

Warehouse Contains 16 different prop layouts, with a final target of 1024 layouts by B1. - The layouts are randomized using |AO|Blue's "Dice Mod" which he kindly allowed me to use for Warehouse.

Special Thanks go out to;

DarkImmortal, for the awesome gamemod.
    |AO|Blue, for the layout changing "DiceMod"
    ABS, for his epic mapping resource pack
    Everyone at GamingMasters for just being great people.

TODO;
    Finish off the other 1008 layouts
    Re-Fix that annoying ambulance that likes to disappear. (3rd time lucky?)
    Add a way of showing which layout is currently in progress.

2. Owlruler

Owlruler L12: Fabulous Member

Positive Ratings:
    nice, I take it you're using logic cases, point_templates and the pick random input fpr the randomisation?

EDIT: Never seen dice mod, is it a serverside plugin?

3. Geit

Positive Ratings:
    "Dice Mod" Is Blue's name for the set of logic cases that allow the layouts to change,

Basically, each corner has 2 layouts, each set to start disabled, on round start the logic cases will enable one set for each corner (Randomly). Basic math 4^2 = 16. 4^5 = 1024 layouts and so on.

It's an easy way of achieving a stupidly high amount of map layouts without too much hard work.

4. Steff0o

Steff0o L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Looks Fun..
    I like Prop Hunt so i look out to this map

5. Omnomnick

Omnomnick L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    This looks nice, I've never tried Prop hunt on TF2 before so I think I might just download this and give it a go :)

6. Kronixx

Kronixx L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    the inside looks cool, that outside though...replace that texture or break that up with windows or SOMETHING. That tiling on the corregated metal or whatever that is, is making my eyes scream in terror! 8(

7. absurdistof

aa absurdistof

Positive Ratings:
    I suggest you keep it strictly indoors.

8. Geit

Positive Ratings:
    Prophunt is a serverside modifcation, so you'd need to play it on one of it's dedicated servers: a list can be found [ame="http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=926622"]here[/ame]

I'll see what I can do, I like the way the light comes into the hangar with the "ajar" doors (And I'm too lazy to light the main warehouse properly). Breaking it up with some overlays and the like should be quite easy though.

As well as serving as the main lighting source, the outdoors area serves as a clutter free space where I will never have to worry about a prop being spawned that will trap a member of the RED, it also serves as a point where the players can heal without making the long trek up to the CP.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2009