Wanting to get into mapping

thecal

L1: Registered
Jun 5, 2023
Hello TF2Maps! I'm thecal, a pretty experienced TF2 player with over 2000 hours. However, there's one aspect about the game I have not touched whatsoever, mapping! For a long time, I've daydreamed about remaking the most popular map from my introductory game to the class-based shooter genre, Wall-Nut Hills from Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, into TF2. And today I've finally decided I'd get off my ass and try to make that dream a reality, but I don't think I can do it without the help of you talented folks! So, whether I manage to make it a happen or not, I'm happy to be with all of you every step of the way. Cheers!

thecal

Jun 5, 2023
Already watching through the series! Made my first box, baby steps…
6AFDD072-F960-43F2-A35B-55A428FE57C7.png

thecal

Jun 5, 2023
Nice man! Now start looking at how to do one of the gamemodes. I'd recommend A/D if you feel daring enough to dive into it or koth since crash covers it.
A/D just so happens to be the gamemode I'm looking to remake Wall-nut Hills into! but I do think making a KOTH map would be good practice beforehand, I'll keep it in mind.

TheCoolRev

Feb 23, 2023
Hello TF2Maps! I'm thecal, a pretty experienced TF2 player with over 2000 hours. However, there's one aspect about the game I have not touched whatsoever, mapping! For a long time, I've daydreamed about remaking the most popular map from my introductory game to the class-based shooter genre, Wall-Nut Hills from Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, into TF2. And today I've finally decided I'd get off my ass and try to make that dream a reality, but I don't think I can do it without the help of you talented folks! So, whether I manage to make it a happen or not, I'm happy to be with all of you every step of the way. Cheers!
I actually had the same idea about three years ago! I didn't really get far, only the collection of boss mode screenshots and planning for the first point. So I'm glad to see someone actually wanting to do this! I'd love to help in any way to make this a reality!

20230613_222324.jpg

thecal

Jun 5, 2023
I actually had the same idea about three years ago! I didn't really get far, only the collection of boss mode screenshots and planning for the first point. So I'm glad to see someone actually wanting to do this! I'd love to help in any way to make this a reality!

20230613_222324.jpg
Oooh! I love to see it! Here’s a rough outline of what I’m looking to do. I’m eliminating the first house and the playground in order to compress it into something that would work as a 3-stage A/D map.

Attachments

• B11BD5A1-3098-4590-A824-74492EB00116.jpeg
    B11BD5A1-3098-4590-A824-74492EB00116.jpeg
    802.2 KB · Views: 42

TheCoolRev

Feb 23, 2023
Oooh! I love to see it! Here’s a rough outline of what I’m looking to do. I’m eliminating the first house and the playground in order to compress it into something that would work as a 3-stage A/D map.
Nice! I'm interested to see how you design stage 1 with the playground being chopped out and everything.