[VSCRIPT] main_thing's Fun Commands (MTFC)

main_thing

L1: Registered
Jan 7, 2023
Updated [VSCRIPT] main_thing's Fun Commands (MTFC) to 1.3b
  • Moved all chat command related scripts into its own folder.
  • Allowed players to be sappable in MVM if they are on blue.
  • Made the random weapon picker a lot more optimized.
  • Made new generated text files for steamids.txt to contain the date and time generated.
  • Added the !toolgun command.
    • The toolgun is held in slot 6.
    • The toolgun contains 6 modes, which can be swapped through the reload key.
      • Scale - Scale the entity / prop that you shoot at to 5 times its normal size.
      • Color - Randomly colors the entity / prop that you shoot at.
      • Prop - Right click copies the entity / prop in front of you. Left click creates a prop of the entity / prop you copied.
      • Delete - Deletes the prop under your crosshair.
      • Enable Physics - Enables physics of any physics object or a prop spawned by the toolgun that you shoot at.
      • Disable Physics - Disables physics of any physics object or a prop spawned by the toolgun that you shoot at.
  • Added the !vsentrybuster command.
    • Just makes you a sentry buster. That's pretty much it.
  • Added !steamid. Just returns your steamid3 to chat.

Attachments

• chatcommands-1.4.zip
    31 KB · Views: 28

spadecore

Mar 28, 2024
hey i know this thread is kind of dead but i cant seem to get it to work on a dedicated server, is this a bug or an issue on my end?

main_thing

Jan 7, 2023
Debugging stuff:
1. Try running script_execute chatcommands/commands.nut in the server console. If this gets the commands to run, its probably the map you are using overriding mapspawn.nut (which autoruns chat commands).

2. Check if vscript works on the server, i.e use the command in the server console script ClientPrint(null,3,"test") . If nothing shows up in chat. Vscript does not work on your server. Verifying the files in steamcmd should work.

3. extract the zip into the "tf" folder in the server via FTP or any other method. If this does not work, you can try extracting it into the tf/custom folder in the server.

These are the only solutions that I know of. If none of these work check if the server console is sending any errors. If so, send them over, it might be an error on my part.

spadecore

Mar 28, 2024
okay so script ClientPrint(null,3,"test") does work but i still can't seem to get chat commands working

here is the error btw

script_execute chatcommand/commands Script not found (scripts/vscripts/chatcommands/mvmchatfix.nut) Script not found (scripts/vscripts/chatcommands/mvmchatfix.nut) AN ERROR HAS OCCURRED [Failed to include script "chatcommands/mvmchatfix.nut"] AN ERROR HAS OCCURRED [Failed to include script "chatcommands/mvmchatfix.nut"] CALLSTACK CALLSTACK *FUNCTION [IncludeScript()] unnamed line [83] *FUNCTION [IncludeScript()] unnamed line [83] *FUNCTION [main()] commands.nut line [10] *FUNCTION [main()] commands.nut line [10] LOCALS LOCALS [scope] TABLE [scope] TABLE [name] "chatcommands/mvmchatfix.nut" [name] "chatcommands/mvmchatfix.nut" [this] TABLE [this] TABLE [adminsenabled] false [adminsenabled] false [ownersteamid] "[U:1:926037446]" [ownersteamid] "[U:1:926037446]" [weaponlistname] "chatcommands/cweapons.txt" [weaponlistname] "chatcommands/cweapons.txt" [vargv] ARRAY [vargv] ARRAY [this] TABLE [this] TABLE SCRIPT PERF WARNING --- "main" ran long at 33.594976ms SCRIPT PERF WARNING --- "main" ran long at 33.594976ms Error running script named chatcommand/commands Error running script named chatcommand/commands

main_thing

Jan 7, 2023
I forgot to add the chat fix in, that's an oversight on my part. Here's an updated version.

Attachments

• chatcommands-1.4b.zip
    33.2 KB · Views: 12

spadecore

Mar 28, 2024
thanks for the fix but sadly it still doesnt work for me, i keep getting an error about mvmchatfix and the commands itself. not even mapspawn would work. is this because i have sourcemod or do i have to edit the commands.nut thing?

HIERARCHY

Apr 2, 2024
Check the name of the "chatcommands" folder, it's probably missing an s ("chatcommand") and that's why the script is failing to locate it. Simply just add an s to the end of the folder name and it should be working again. Worked for me.

spadecore

Mar 28, 2024
Check the name of the "chatcommands" folder, it's probably missing an s ("chatcommand") and that's why the script is failing to locate it. Simply just add an s to the end of the folder name and it should be working again. Worked for me.
oh i tried this just now and that worked for me too. thanks, man!

also i got one more question.

i wanted to test out a custom weapon that i made but for some reason the !giveweaponcustom isn't working. no errors either. why?

main_thing

Jan 7, 2023
Apologies, this should be the final fixed version.

Attachments

• chatcommands-1.4.zip
    61.4 KB · Views: 14