Vrad crashes

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Little Dude, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Little Dude

Little Dude L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Since before and after the halloween update vrad for my Source SDK has been acting very strangely. In a completely normal map that compiled just fine on both fast mode and normal mode a couple months ago no longer compiles properly; vrad inexplicably crashes and also takes 2x as long (even on fast). Here is the result of me leaving the compile process alone.

[​IMG]

Anyone else getting this weird bug or know of a fix?

Also while I'm here, does anyone know of a fix for the TF2 cache constantly wanting to verify?

2. The Asylum

aa The Asylum

Positive Ratings:
    http://www.interlopers.net/errors/

paste your compile log into this and it may give you some pointers

also there is no "fix" for tf2 cache always wanting to verify- just let it verify

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Little Dude

Positive Ratings:
    If you were refering to any leaks or errors I might have, I did a check before I tried to compile the map and it didn't come up with anything. I double checked it with the interlopers website and it didn't come up with anything either.

4. Burnout6010

Burnout6010 L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    Optimize your lightmaps, try using 24 lightmap scale for huge or tiny brushes

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings:
    Lightmap scale doesn't do anything if it's not a power of two.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Little Dude

Positive Ratings:
    I solved it, a brush that I had surrounding an area of my map was causing vrad to crash. Thanks for your help guys (you've got me thinking about lightmaps now).