Vertical Map Split

BlueBully94

L1: Registered
Mar 18, 2018
So I have been working on this map for awhile with the intention to split the map long ways (vertical) instead of horizontal like maps usually are. This means the friendly spawns are across from each other, making it harder for both spawns to be camped, but also makes it harder for team pushes on the point. I could change this later, but does this sound like a good idea? It is currently a koth map that plays like koth_king, but will be changed later to a custom 5cp map.

geegor102

L3: Member
Dec 27, 2017
if executed well it could be great. although, judging from your profile that you are new to mapping, you should probably save innovative ideas for later when you are better at mapping.

BlueBully94

L1: Registered
Mar 18, 2018
Since someone else thinks so, I guess it is almost time for me to try to get this up and running. Sure I may be "new" to mapping, but I have been playing the game for quite awhile, and did say I have been working on this for quite some time. The next problem is setting this up for the custom 5cp where the logic works similar to degroot, but the more I think about it, that may be very confusing unless I have an order for capping points...

geegor102

L3: Member
Dec 27, 2017
well, I suggest joining the tf2maps.net discord at https://discord.gg/mtm73eV, there are a ton of people there who can help you along the way! I also recommend the ABS pack, I don't have a link, so you're going to have to get it yourself, it will do most of the setup for you when making 5-cp, just ask in the discord!