Vegas_B01

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
What a convincing way of asking for him to upload the content...

In my opinion you should keep it exclusively to yourself, or give it away to people who can actually promise some results by using it. But in the end, it's your choice, obviously. :p

Anyway, it certainly looks great, I'm just confused as to why there's a control point. I'd love to see this in action, so it would be great if you could head over to the events forum and enter it to a gameday... :)

ghouly

L1: Registered
May 12, 2009
I'm going to try to get a map test for this on my server group. This map blows me away! I hope this becomes an official!

Darth Cyrax

L2: Junior Member
Nov 29, 2008
I played this map with my gaming community last Friday, and the only thing I can think of is that it needs more direction. Have an opening message that tells people the cars are the payloads. That, and lots of signs for direction. Many of us got lost and were going in circles.

Steaky

Feb 22, 2009
Hey Everyone,

Sorry for taking so long to reply. I'm glad you guys like the map! I've read through all the feedback, and I will definitely be making the changes pointed out.

I love the idea of highway signs to point out objectives, so I'll have to whip up some models and see how that looks.

So far there's no plan to make the hotel explode. I threw some very sad fireworks in, so I might make that more exciting with a bigger show :D

As for releasing the custom content, I'm fine if other people want to use the stuff I've built, as long as I'm given credit. I probably won't get around to releasing a pack of everything right away, so feel free to rip whatever you want out of the bsp file :D

Thanks again everyone!

Peterm

Banned
Jun 1, 2009
Good cuz i have ripped it :) although not sure if it all appears might just be my filtering :I

Steaky

Feb 22, 2009
Well, like I said, there's only 2 models (plus Brainsamples car model).

As for the textures, none of them have a keyword (like when you filter for tf textures), so just type steaky in and you should find them all.

SiniStarR

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Mar 31, 2009
Damn this looks nice.
Only 1 question. If tf2 is suppose to take place in the 60's WHY THE HELL IS GAS $3.00!???? :p

Perhaps you should change it to a more accurate price, or maybe make it simply outrageous.(like they did in infamous)? that's just my opinion, but I think it would make a little more sense.

Mexican Apple Thief

L3: Junior Member<br>LEAD FARMER
Aug 23, 2008
I think over all you need a more well defined track and you need to not use the control points to mark the destination. Maybe something clever like a man hole that projects the hologram? Also the map needs more of an objective. It seems weird that all we're doing is pushing a car to a hotel. Maybe load the car with some kind of battery and attach a laser to the hotel?

Last edited: