[TUTORIAL] Trains, the easy way.

wyn10

L1: Registered
Nov 22, 2009
Thanks to Tehrasha it now moves finally.

Now I'm trying to figure out why sideways -_-.

Nutomic

L11: Posh Member
Feb 7, 2009
You have to turn either your trains or your whole map by 90 degrees, because tracktrains in source always start in a certain direction.

BagOfChips

L5: Dapper Member
Feb 7, 2009
It works except for adding on pass to the last track train to stopsound; the sound keeps going

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
If it's a looping sound, the flag should be unchecked. Keep in mind that, as the article says, StopSound only stops the sound from looping. It does not stop a sound immediately.

BagOfChips

L5: Dapper Member
Feb 7, 2009
My sounds never stop and my trains only go once

Here's my entities.

entities.png

lucky

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 25, 2009
Ermm... on the ambient_generic, you want the SOURCE ENTITY NAME (the very bottom field) to be the tracktrain's name.

spaniard80

Jun 8, 2008
Do you need to anything special for there to be the train kill icon? Because I have the trigger_hurt's damage type set to "train" and nothing occurs (there's also no option for it).

Tehrasha

L3: Member
Nov 5, 2009
Do you need to anything special for there to be the train kill icon? Because I have the trigger_hurt's damage type set to "train" and nothing occurs (there's also no option for it).

Do you have Boojum's Ultimate Mapping Resource Pack installed?

There should be a separate 'SmartEdit' pull-down option for Train damage.
If you just typed the word 'train' into the normal damage field, it definitely wont work.

lucky

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 25, 2009
The damage type should be Freeze (the Train type is if you have ABS' pack as mentioned above installed, which just replaces the names)

Last edited:

Zemskiss

Sep 11, 2010
Thx for this tutorial. Everything worked smoothly !
P.S. BTW are there any tutorials about train gates/doors and warning lights ? I've tried almost everything but nothing seem to work :(

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2011
In terms of bells and lights, what outputs should I have on the logic_timer?