Resource icon

CTF turbine remake a3

Miki

L1: Registered
Feb 10, 2022
Turbine Xmas looks phenomenal, you really pulled off the holiday shopping mall style. I ran around it for a bit (well, the Workshop version anyway) and couldn't find any major issues. A lot of mappers are slapping winter textures on a map hoping Valve puts theirs in the game, but you spent time and energy to make something way more memorable and thematic. I love the small gameplay changes to spice the map up like the gifts blocking main exit, cubbies in the vents, and of course the giant Christmas tree with Lil Chew Chew riding around, that's appreciated. I congratulate you and hope Turbine Xmas gets into the game.

That said, here's a few issue screenshots with cl_showpos 1 on the top right for coordinates you can paste into Hammer if you need to. They're very small, but if and when it gets accepted, these would be good to fix for your final compile.

20221116231130_1.jpg
Missing face on this wall on RED side (it's not missing in the older version curiously enough)
20221116231151_1.jpg
This trim isn't lit well, probably because it needs a lower lightmap. This guide explains it in more detail halfway in: https://tf2maps.net/threads/guide-lightmap-optimization.33113/
20221116231234_1.jpg
The speaker overlay doesn't show up on the other side of this reception desk (I think it effects BLU as well). I would just copy and flip the drain to the other side.
20221116231702_1.jpg
This conduit is sticking out from below. Maybe you could push the wall/vent forward slightly or even continue it with an electric box (junction box looks nice) or another conduit. Also nitpick: these walls are a blue hue regardless of side, maybe you could add a red variant to the texture?

20221116231823_1.jpg
This door isn't clipped near RED spawn so it isn't smooth to walk against.
20221116232341_1.jpg
This is a closet for drawves because there's no room to walk through on the other side. Maybe a very thin shelf at most, but it looks weird to me.
20221117000923_1.jpg
This sofa prop makes wood bullet hole decals.

20221117001258_1.jpg
You can get softlocked in RED spawn jumping behind this Christmas tree with an oddly out of place dynamite crate near it (unless it's the gift of destruction).

Reiterating: wonderful map that does the original Turbine justice.
Nitpick: there's no nav mesh. It'd be fun to ride the train with the carriage from Frontier, but it's missing one.
Nitprase: there's loading photos (and a beautiful tarp texture for both sides).

Last edited: