KotH Tundra

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by Kobato, Nov 28, 2013.

1. Kobato

Kobato L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Koth map with lots of rooftops and snow. Not in love with the name but it works for now.

2. nightwatch

aa nightwatch

Positive Ratings:
    It's a pretty map but it's also really big. You could cut make many of the buildings closer together and cut out on much of the dead space. You also have areas that seem a little strange - the two towers on either side of the map with the small health and ammo in them seem out of the way. The buildings between the point and the spawns are very symmetrical, and they don't need to be - you could change things up a little bit by changing one side.

3. TheBestUsername

TheBestUsername L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    I agree about the map being too symmetrical in terms of visuals. Do both RED and BLU both have to have identical train tracks, for example? I'm sure you could think of a different prop that would be the same size as that train car. The buildings, too, need not have symmetrical roofs, as it would appear the roofs on the higher buildings cannot be accessed. Lastly, I would consider removing one of those two great big bridges. Right now your level is not very believable because no real-world location would be that symmetrical.

Please don't think I'm being down on your map, though. It looks awesome, superbly detailed, unique, ect. I just think the above mentioned changes would make it look just that much better.

4. Sergis

aa Sergis L666: ])oo]v[

Positive Ratings:
    looks good, but also looks like itll be rendered all at once, becoming framerate death

also use bzip

5. Grizzly Berry

aa Grizzly Berry

Positive Ratings:
    Really like the detailing on the building over the point!

6. Egan

aa Egan

Positive Ratings: